sharetrader
Page 979 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 479879929969975976977978979980981982983989102910791479 ... LastLast
Results 9,781 to 9,790 of 17397
    Advanced Member

Gee as a shareholder I feel its too much mind you I would say that not being a National voter!
    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    May not be enough?...lol.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by beetills View Post
    Heartland Bank $57400 donation to the Nats. Is this ok?
    I don't think any company or union should make a donation to a political party. I would not have voted for it to be made and would have liked my share of it to be added to my dividend instead.

Perhaps there should be a system of public funding for political parties?

Quote Originally Posted by beetills View Post
    Heartland Bank $57400 donation to the Nats.
    Is this ok?
    No - not ok (if its true)

Complete waste of shareholders money and a bad practice (even worse if felt they needed to bribe a government)

Shareholders can decide as individuals if they want to make political donations - not seeing Heartland deciding for them.

Disappointed in Heartland if they are making political donations - to me devalues t good work they do for the community (even if part of the advertising / marketing budget)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I don't think any company or union should make a donation to a political party. I would not have voted for it to be made and would have liked my share of it to be added to my dividend instead.

Perhaps there should be a system of public funding for political parties?
    Last paragraph - there is

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I agree 100%. Inappropriate is the word that readily springs to mind. Someone needs to raise this matter and make some noise about it at the annual meeting....otherwise they might do something really silly and add another zero on the end of it next time.
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-09-2017 at 02:56 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Complete waste of shareholders money and a bad practice (even worse if felt they needed to bribe a government)

Shareholders can decide as individuals if they want to make political donations - not seeing Heartland deciding for them.

Disappointed in Heartland if they are making political donations - to me devalues t good work they do for the community (even if part of the advertising / marketing budget)
    I agree w69 that shareholders should decide individually if they want to make donations and so should union members.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Shareholders can decide as individuals if they want to make political donations - not seeing Heartland deciding for th
    Donation appeared on a NBR list along with many others.

Is it because of the Heartland farming association and Nats having traditionally supported that sector?

I wonder if , shareholders who respect and admire the directors and management - presumably this includes most of them - should just have faith that this is a good decision and money well spent , despite the opaqueness of its cost/benefit analysis.

Have there been any political decisions recently affecting HBL?

But yeh not that keen on political donations myself
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Interesting from Heartland Code of Conduct -
    Heartland's employees will not, without the prior written permission of Heartland, support a political party other than in a personal capacity

Don't know what it means but interesting.

I do note that the good work that Heartland do for the community is channeled through the Heartland Trust that owns 6 million odd Heartland shares (probably a carry over from their building society days?)

All that seems transparent

But Heartland Bank making political donations - that's anther story