sharetrader
Page 980 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 480880930970976977978979980981982983984990103010801480 ... LastLast
Results 9,791 to 9,800 of 17397
    Advanced Member

If the directors feel so passionately about donating to a political party they should dig into their own pockets. Oh wait, much easier to dig into someone else's pocket.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Is it because of the Heartland farming association and Nats having traditionally supported that sector?

I wonder if , shareholders who respect and admire the directors and management - presumably this includes most of them - should just have faith that this is a good decision and money well spent , despite the opaqueness of its cost/benefit analysis.

Have there been any political decisions recently affecting HBL?

But yeh not that keen on political donations myself
    Astute observation.
    Bit like Bruce Plested [of Mainfreight] giving The Maori Party another $50,000.Good on you bro.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Astute observation.
    Bit like Bruce Plested [of Mainfreight] giving The Maori Party another $50,000.Good on you bro.
    Apparently its $150,000

Note a personal donation ....not from Mainfreight
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Apparently its $150,000

Note a personal donation ....not from Mainfreight
    Good on him.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Good on him.
    Wants a strong Maori Party to 'assist' Labour
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Wants a strong Maori Party to 'assist' Labour
    No.
    Strong bro's to load the trucks,and drive 'em.

Membaa

Apart from contradicting the code of conduct and taking earnings from the pockets of shareholders (!), did Heartland also donate to the other parties?

Sucking up to National with a donation bribe presumably to garner favour in obtaining subsequent audience and influence with the government to-be, seems shortsighted should the government change and the alternate party who achieved government would be miffed that Heartland felt that way and shut the door to future discussion.

Doesn't seem to be a very well thought out decision does it. Break the code of conduct, annoy the shareholders, back the wrong party and possibly be caught outside of any government influence.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Apart from contradicting the code of conduct and taking earnings from the pockets of shareholders (!), did Heartland also donate to the other parties?

Sucking up to National with a donation bribe presumably to garner favour in obtaining subsequent audience and influence with the government to-be, seems shortsighted should the government change and the alternate party who achieved government would be miffed that Heartland felt that way and shut the door to future discussion.

Doesn't seem to be a very well thought out decision does it. Break the code of conduct, annoy the shareholders, back the wrong party and possibly be caught outside of any government influence.
    Geoffrey Ricketts is a very nice name,but Sir Geoff has a more polished ring to it?.
    I think shareholders would be proud of him.
    Would not happen with a change of government though?........................................... ........lol.
    Last edited by percy; 10-09-2017 at 08:58 PM.

Banned

Sir Geoff is backing the wrong horse.

As a Labour shareholder(well I'm not a Labour fanboy but if I were) how would one go about showing disapproval of this behavior?
    My first thought is to turn up at his office with a bag of naughty toys and have at him, ala Joyce.

56b4aab475b03_Dildoface1.jpg

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboyj View Post
    Sir Geoff is backing the wrong horse.

As a Labour shareholder(well I'm not a Labour fanboy but if I were) how would one go about showing disapproval of this behavior?
    My first thought is to turn up at his office with a bag of naughty toys and have at him, ala Joyce.

56b4aab475b03_Dildoface1.jpg
    Shareholders have a choice.If they do not like something directors/management do,they can sell their shares.
    Couldn't be easier.
    Myself,being a non-polictical person,could not care less whether any companies I invest with, make a polictical donation,or to whatever party.I see it as small beer,and most probably done for the best interests of the company.