sharetrader
Page 999 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 49989994998999599699799899910001001100210031009104910991499 ... LastLast
Results 9,981 to 9,990 of 17397
    percy

I keep thinking of you Beagles when I read novels by Martin Walker.
    He seems to think they are intelligent.????
    Other than that he writes a good book.
    Last edited by percy; 17-11-2017 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Page 666 spooky eh..."the love of money is the root of all evil" 1 Timothy 6:v10 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...10&version=KJV "Neither a lender nor borrower be" Shakespeare. Hopefully this post helps turn the page lol
    Just change the number of posts per page on your settings

I show only 500 pages

Air getting close to 666 ..... caution warranted?????
    Last edited by winner69; 17-11-2017 at 05:13 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I keep thinking of you Beagles when I read novels by Martin Walker.
    He seems to think they are intelligent.????
    Good at sniffing out Truffles.
    Not sure about intelligent but they're VERY good at sniffing out sources of food
    Suppose share gains provide a source to fund purchases of human food.
    Actually...speaking of food...Annual meeting next week, anyone going ? HBL are well renowned for putting on a good spread of snacks and drinks...something to do with their southern roots...southerners good with their hospitality it is said
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Not sure about intelligent but they're VERY good at sniffing out sources of food
    Suppose share gains provide a source to fund purchases of human food.
    Actually...speaking of food...Annual meeting next week, anyone going ? HBL are well renowned for putting on a good spread of snacks and drinks...something to do with their southern roots...southerners good with their hospitality it is said
    Yes always a very good wine.
    Trust this year's agm will be live to watch.With what I save on airfares I may shout myself a nice Shiraz or Sav Blanc,or two.
    Their presentations are usually very comprehensive,and outline very clearly where they are headed.
    With so much capital raised this year, the very strong organic growth must be set to continue.Last time I spoke to Chris Flood he told me "bad debts" on "open for business" loans were running below budget.Be interesting if this is still the case.Also be interested to see if nim has recovered.Was growing strongly.Watch for comments on Australian "open for business" success/failure.[at present run out of Auckland].
    Last edited by percy; 17-11-2017 at 05:45 PM.

percy

Winner69.
    Diversification,or diworsification.?
    ANZ were awarded Women's Employer of the year.......share price this year is up 5.35%
    HBL, who were luckily not mentioned ,has seen its share price up 27.77%this year./??????????????
    Food for thought.?
    Last edited by percy; 17-11-2017 at 06:18 PM.

Winner69.
    Diversification,or diworsification.?
    ANZ were awarded Women's Employer of the year.......share price this year is up 5.35%
    HBL, who were luckily not mentioned ,has seen its share price up 27.77%this year./??????????????
    Food for thought.?
    percy - once again you take things out of context and twist the facts to defend your beloved Heartland

These awards were the Insurance Industry Awards - doubt whether Heartland even entered

While we are on the subject of gender diversity females make up 48% of Heartland's headcount which isn't that much different than ANZ (but ANZ is a higher %age).

percy, I wonder if you even bothered to read the Heartland Annual Report. The Chairman made comment about about improving diversity and they even have formed a diversity commitee. Not doubt he will say something at this years AGM ...and hopefully not look like the buffoon he was when questioned at a recent AGM. Maybe there is hope for old fuddy duddies after all.

You should be proud that the two new directors are big hitters in the diversity space. From the Annual Report -

Vanessa and Ellie are also both strong advocates for promoting diversity, in particular gender diversity. Vanessa is Chair of Global Women in New Zealand, which acts as a catalyst for transformation of the leadership landscape of women in New Zealand, and is a champion of diversity and its positive impact on business performance. Ellie is a member of Chief Executive Women, an Australian organisation focused on increasing women's representation in senior leadership.

I have it good authority that one of Heartlands objectives is to enter and win some of these workplace awards. Great way of promoting the business as well

Food for thought you mentioned. Probably you are too blinkered to broaden your thinking but even a quick skim through this https://www.championsforchange.nz/ might enlighten you (slightly). Vanessa a leading light in that as well.

Know you only winding me up but worthy of discussion
    Last edited by winner69; 17-11-2017 at 08:31 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    percy - once again you take things out of context and twist the facts to defend your beloved Heartland

These awards were the Insurance Industry Awards - doubt whether Heartland even entered

While we are on the subject of gender diversity females make up 48% of Heartland's headcount which isn't that much different than ANZ (but ANZ is a higher %age).

percy, I wonder if you even bothered to read the Heartland Annual Report. The Chairman made comment about about improving diversity and they even have formed a diversity commitee. Not doubt he will say something at this years AGM ...and hopefully not look like the buffoon he was when questioned at a recent AGM. Maybe there is hope for old fuddy duddies after all.

You should be proud that the two new directors are big hitters in the diversity space. From the Annual Report -

Vanessa and Ellie are also both strong advocates for promoting diversity, in particular gender diversity. Vanessa is Chair of Global Women in New Zealand, which acts as a catalyst for transformation of the leadership landscape of women in New Zealand, and is a champion of diversity and its positive impact on business performance. Ellie is a member of Chief Executive Women, an Australian organisation focused on increasing women's representation in senior leadership.

I have it good authority that one of Heartlands objectives is to enter and win some of these workplace awards. Great way of promoting the business as well

Food for thought you mentioned. Probably you are too blinkered to broaden your thinking but even a quick skim through this https://www.championsforchange.nz/ might enlighten you (slightly). Vanessa a leading light in that as well.
    Got the bite I wanted.....
    LOL.

Membaa

Got the bite I wanted.....
    LOL.
    BS, answer the questions. Can't bat this to touch with some glib fanboy comment.

Watching, as will others be no doubt.

Heartland Board skills matrix

Weakest (OK the ones with the lowest scores) skill areas are

Related industries/Insurance
    Customer data CRM
    Digital and IT
    Liquidity and Funding

hmm - the customer data CRM and Digital and IT seem to the future of the company.

of the 17 skills scored those 2 strategically important ones (?) are where the Board is weakest
    Last edited by winner69; 17-11-2017 at 09:00 PM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Exclamation The important bit

$1.98 ?

Definitely over-priced!
    om mani peme hum