sharetrader
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dilettante

Interesting to look back at this thread. I put a decent amount into ZEL030 in 2012 and am getting it paid back in a couple of weeks. Been a brilliant and safe investment. The comments on here at the time show how difficult it is to guess the market.
    Beagle I hope you didn't lock in a mortgage at 7.25% for 7 years back then ! How wrong we all were. No one had an inkling we’d be where we are today
    Last edited by iceman; 06-11-2019 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Interesting to look back at this thread. I put a decent amount into ZEL030 in 2012 and am getting it paid back in a couple of weeks. Been a brilliant and safe investment. The comments on here at the time show how difficult it is to guess the market.
    Beagle I hope you didn't lock in a mortgage at 7.25% for 7 years back then ! How wrong we all were. No one had an inkling we’d be where we are today
    LOL mate. Old dog's don't like mortgages. Yeah a lot has changed in 7 years and well done to you mate for getting such a great safe return in that bond. Just curious, what rate did they offer you to reinvest ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Dilettante

Strangely enough Beagle they did not contact me for reinvestment. Would have been a waste of time anyway as not interested in today´s interest rate environment. What we had in ZEL 030 was actually my 2 daughters´ money providing them with a steady income through their Uni years. I´m not a Bond guy myself but this suited their purpose perfectly. Now going into first homes !!!!

Z didn't offer a replacement bond for people to roll over to with this one.