sharetrader
Page 41 of 120 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeka

Dilettante

Just doing what they've successfully done with their Northland operation. Makes sense to release some of the capital tied up there but still get the fruit through the packhouse and sales in Aussie

Investor

12c divvy just announced and based on current price its about 6.3% gross yield, not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    12c divvy just announced and based on current price its about 6.3% gross yield, not bad.
    hows that exactly ?

24cps per annum over $4.99 ?
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    hows that exactly ?

24cps per annum over $4.99 ?
    I just went off by what was on NZX website.

I See(ka)
    and that will be on previous years figures wont it unless they update that very quickly indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    SP for some time now above MA100 and for the last week above MA200. This is a confirmed uptrend.

Just wondering where all the "doom and gloom" merchants on this thread went?

Ah right - they are now busy down ramping the retirement stocks ...
    since you posted this the price has drifted down more and actually has been down trending for a yr and a half now from the highs wouldnt surprise me at some stage if it tests those lows at 4.25 again. wonder if the drought in aus is causing problems and obtaining water rights? costa group in aus has been smashed as well as numerous other companies because of the drought. anyway do you hold still?
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    since you posted this the price has drifted down more and actually has been down trending for a yr and a half now from the highs wouldnt surprise me at some stage if it tests those lows at 4.25 again. wonder if the drought in aus is causing problems and obtaining water rights? costa group in aus has been smashed as well as numerous other companies because of the drought. anyway do you hold still?
    Not sure about short term oscillations - this is a cyclical industry, but if I look at the chart than I find it difficult to correlate that with the doom and gloom described in your post. Still looks like a long term uptrend to me:

Attachment 10880

I think Seeka is a reasonably managed company in an industry with lots of future potential. The need for fresh fruit can only increase ... and while climate change no doubt will make the game more interesting, all players will be effected by it.

Do I still hold? Well yes, this is in my view bottom drawer material. Sure - my SEK holding is at current roughly 8% less worth than 6 months ago, but if I compare the Seeka share price with some other much discussed shares, than it is basically a haven of stability.

I prefer to sell cyclical's when they are up ... and buy them when they are down, i.e. now might be a better time to buy.

And now you mentioned it - have a look at the RSI (red potato below):

InkedSEKbig.jpg

- you well might have identified a bottom and it is all up from here ... who knows?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

From stats nz:

Kiwifruit prices were at an all-time high in December 2019, with prices for seasonal fruit and vegetables also up, Stats NZ said today.

“Kiwifruit prices rose 32 percent in December to a weighted average price of $8.27 per kilo, an all-time high,” acting consumer prices manager James Griffin said.

“This compares with $4.24 in December last year.”

I came across this article from 24 Dec 2019, a bit superficial, but it sounds like conditions are still managable for Seeka in Australia:

"Seeka Australia are looking forward to a good kiwifruit season despite the very hot and dry conditions."

"Next year we are forecasting a volume of 73,000 cartons of Rico® pears, this represents a 25% increase in marketable volume from the 2019 season."

https://www.freshplaza.com/article/9...-comes-online/

Does anyone have suggestions of good places to look for news about the company, other than its infrequent announcements to the NZX?

Cheers for posting the link ... and no, I am afraid I didn't found yet a regular and freely accessible source of information about Seeka. Anybody else?

Obviously you can check the industry regulars which may or may not report about Seeka as well.

https://www.hortnz.co.nz/news-events...he-orchardist/

or

https://kiwifruitjournal.co.nz

both are subscription based (cost money) and I don't know how useful they are for Seeka investors. You might find them though in a library close to you.

During the fire season in Australia it might as well pay to watch the fire reports for Bunbaartha.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)