sharetrader
Page 1 of 120 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeka

IMO

Question Seeka

NTA $4.43 'shareprice re $1.90 , all time low, with PSA disease major contributing factor. Div re 10%. Liquidity terrible. Anyone stuck in this or any experience ,thoughts, researchers notes etc be appreciated,cheers

Share Collector

I thought these were Investment Shares like SAT and LIC, so had never looked at them - but looking now, perhaps not the case and anyone can hold?

This is the classic "punt and pray". I am buying a little but keep lowering the offer prices and it keeps dropping....its either going to keep dropping as people keep doing the same or it will reach a point where existing holders cant be bothered giving it away. My guess is a lot of the growers have shares and and are uncertain about situation as well. As clint said, "are you feeling lucky punk"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    NTA $4.43 'shareprice re $1.90 , all time low, with PSA disease major contributing factor. Div re 10%. Liquidity terrible. Anyone stuck in this or any experience ,thoughts, researchers notes etc be appreciated,cheers

Angry

They are/were a very good company and are leading the fight against PSA bacteria whereas the beauracrats are sitting on their hands. If they can get an antibiotic working in the next 6 weeks they will have saved a billion dollar export industry and will be heroes in it cos they have skin in the game - biggest packing organisation and also own orchards. Otherwise if they fail (go the way of Italy) Te Puke & they are stuffed although there is still the avocados, and they have the best lab in the world now for PSA testing! I wish MAF and Zespri would get in behind them more. Will be an awesome story for a documentry or investigative journalist. Last year gold kiwifruit was the biggest paying land use in NZ ... this year it may be worth bare land value a potential disaster not much smaller than Christchurch.
    Make NZ good and great, God defend NZ.

IMO

p2r thanks for those details. Whether they can manage PSA without losing too much on the bottom line ,or not time will tell, i hope so, for the industry.One ex grower i spoke to is not optimistic and is stuck with his shares; liquidity is bad. Do Growers who sign up with the packhouse get offered shares and then can sell them on NZX afetr escrow? Im guessing yes, so tradeable Liz. Any kiwifruit growers on sharetrader with your eperience be great to hear,cheers.

IMO

In Todays Te Puke times "PSA halves value of kiwifruit industry" " On Nov 1 before PSA was found the industry as a whole was worth more than $4billion dollars. The loss in value had occurred despite the fact that PSA V ,the most virulent form of the bacterial disease so far affected only slightly more than FOUR PERCENT and that the majortity of growers harvested crops this season." 50 million dollars is avail to find a solution which includes new PSA resistant varieties.

I think you need to have leaves to see it, so wait for spring to see and if 4% of a population has a disease it can explode so to speak, especially after stress. It affects the gold especially which is the valuable one. Look what happened in Italy as they are ahead of NZ in the disease. I think the industry is wiped out there.
    I think finding PSA resistant varieties is a good idea but you would be looking at many years to get them established and have to cut out the old stuff first. Just my thoughts ... I have no special insight.

IMO

cheers p2r. Looks like just one more for my long term spring watchlist sigh. Heres hoping those new leaves will be natures resistant perfection.

What about Satara? Isn't it cheaper compared to Seeka?

IMO

Cheaper? Dont know RW. Where is it listed? And shares MAY be more estricted to growers.