sharetrader
Page 40 of 121 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeka

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    LOWER VOLUME equals higher prices usually !!
    They have lowered their EBIDTA guidance by $4m

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    A big downgrade due to unusually hot summer both in NZ and Australia. Will be interesting to see if Mr Market reacts https://www.nzx.com/announcements/334328
    Interesting - analysts based their estimates on a Group EBITDA of only $30.7m in FY2019: https://www.marketscreener.com/SEEKA...60/financials/

If the company now forecasts a group EBITDA of between $32.5m and $33.5m, than this actually would be an earnings upgrade ;

But anyway - it is a seasonal business and I assume that competitors are hit in a similar way, though I am a bit surprised about the reduced harvest: We had (on our mid Canterbury "orchard") this year a bumper harvest ... but obviously - not everybody has as great climatic conditions as we have (and no, we neither grow Kiwifruit nor Avocado);
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Dilettante

Agree BP. I don't think this downgrade will have much effect on investors or SP. People invested in this game are there for the long term and take the good with the bad in this industry.

big downgrade . in nz not surprised hot weather means smaller fruit and more to fill a tray. AUS big dis appointment but again hot weather is the cause.
    As i mentioned sometime back it wasnt worth re entering as growth would be constrained for a while in this company
    one step ahead of the herd

Agree BP. I don't think this downgrade will have much effect on investors or SP. People invested in this game are there for the long term and take the good with the bad in this industry.
    what he said.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    what he said.
    Definitely not. Shook out a few non believers :-)
    Time to seriously think about re-entry, in a few months time !
    Last edited by iceman; 10-05-2019 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Interesting - analysts based their estimates on a Group EBITDA of only $30.7m in FY2019: https://www.marketscreener.com/SEEKA...60/financials/

If the company now forecasts a group EBITDA of between $32.5m and $33.5m, than this actually would be an earnings upgrade ;

But anyway - it is a seasonal business and I assume that competitors are hit in a similar way, though I am a bit surprised about the reduced harvest: We had (on our mid Canterbury "orchard") this year a bumper harvest ... but obviously - not everybody has as great climatic conditions as we have (and no, we neither grow Kiwifruit nor Avocado);
    Guru analysts probably hadn’t included the $5.6m IFRS16 adjustment
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

A big downgrade due to unusually hot summer both in NZ and Australia. Will be interesting to see if Mr Market reacts https://www.nzx.com/announcements/334328
    Not sure I would see this as a one off, it could be the new normal. Climate change, global deforestation and loss of diversity will ensure many more hot and dry summers with less natural pollinators in the years ahead.

A new cultivar could eventually be needed.
    Last edited by Jaa; 10-05-2019 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Updated to include plausible reasons for the dry summer

Investor

Looking to get rid of Aussie orchards and rightly so as not much growth coming from there.

percy

Sale and lease back.