sharetrader
Page 42 of 120 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeka

Good news - it is raining in Bunbaartha! This reduces the local fire risk for our crop ... and obviously will help with the irrigation:

https://live.harvest.com/?hsn=12060&grp=Main

and more to come:

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=...bartha+weather

... add to that the rising Kiwifruit prices and we should sit nice and fluffy ;
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 20-01-2020 at 11:06 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

... ah yes, forgot - somebody on this thread asked previously about water rights for irrigation. Here is an interesting summary about Seekas Australian operation:

https://www.freshplaza.com/article/2...-in-australia/

Goulburn storages (including Lake Eildon which is their main source for irrigation at 41%) still between 36 and 98% full. Should be sufficient through to harvest time (which starts in February), particularly given the rain.

https://www.g-mwater.com.au/water-re...storage-levels
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Goulburn storages (including Lake Eildon which is their main source for irrigation at 41%) still between 36 and 98% full. Should be sufficient through to harvest time (which starts in February), particularly given the rain.

https://www.g-mwater.com.au/water-re...storage-levels
    "Bonnie Doon", the Kerrigan's holiday house from the movie "The Castle" is on the shores of Lake Eildon.

https://www.bonniedoon.net/home/sigh.../13-the-castle

The little guy, being the Kerrigan family who had a holiday house in Bonnie Doon and came regularly to enjoy the serenity and the power lines which span Lake Eildon.
    Last edited by Onion; 21-01-2020 at 08:57 AM. Reason: punchewayshon

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    ... add to that the rising Kiwifruit prices and we should sit nice and fluffy ;
    Just bought a little nibble of SEK. Seems to me there could be a growth story from here for a company that is positioned to take advantage of predicted industry growth.

I tripled my small holding on this today. Buying into a weak phase of the general market and it could well be that the long slow decline is now over with a hammer candle right at the 78.6% retracement point of $ 4.59 and a upwards blip after that to confirm. This pattern is a perfect bullish gartley as the earlier correction changed direction at exactly the 61.8% retracement
    Seeka290120.png

Technically this trade would have a stop loss at $4.20 but I wouldnt neccessarily act on that unless it was a weekly close figure for example.
    They will report in Feb and all expectations are that it should be okay or even good (there is no change to guidance)
    Last edited by peat; 29-01-2020 at 12:46 PM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Dilettante

I've also re-entered the SH register Peat, after 18 month of absence. Feel this is now looking good a again with a good harvest expected this autumn and the uncomfortably high leverage well attended to by selling lots of orchards in Northland. Australia still needs lots of work to make it as good as it should be but I'm now again content enough to take a modest holding.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    since you posted this the price has drifted down more and actually has been down trending for a yr and a half now from the highs wouldnt surprise me at some stage if it tests those lows at 4.25 again. wonder if the drought in aus is causing problems and obtaining water rights? costa group in aus has been smashed as well as numerous other companies because of the drought. anyway do you hold still?
    yep heading towards testing those lows around 4.25 sure looks like it from the chart action
    one step ahead of the herd

yep heading towards testing those lows around 4.25 sure looks like it from the chart action
    Possible .. and the volume is really amazing, isn't it ?

Run for the hills ....
    ----

Dilettante

Then it will be time, after dipping my toe in a couple of weeks ago, to dive in fully. But not before April-May when we will have a clearer understanding on whether the coronavirus will have any significant effect on fruit shipments to China

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Then it will be time, after dipping my toe in a couple of weeks ago, to dive in fully. But not before April-May when we will have a clearer understanding on whether the coronavirus will have any significant effect on fruit shipments to China
    true time is what is important to see what the effects of virus are , dont know if i would dive full in until this unknown is known.
    one step ahead of the herd