sharetrader
Page 5 of 121 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeka

I wouldnt touch any as a long term investment ...doesnt mean many people dont have good jobs, produce valuable, usefull products , have succesfull business's and make good livings out of these sectors. Dismissing them as unworthy of investment is simplistic and smacks too much of generalization and too little thought.

Quote Originally Posted by kizame View Post
    And as a long term investment, compare air to rym,I know which id prefer,they are only good for a short term upward movement.
    Have a look at the track records of the likes of seeka,satara,tasman agriculture from a few years back,affco.Hmmn find anything attractive to hold onto there?

Sparky, there website is quite informative www.seeka.co.nz . They are also getting revenues from green kiwi which is not affected by PSV, by growing advocado sales, packhouse storage and shipping etc.. Not just growers so they actually have good diversification within that sector. PSV is still a problem but eventually this has to be overcome (or bypassed by new cultivars)
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Buffett on airlines as an investment:

Congrats to those who've made money from Air NZ. Your timing is excellent, even if your asset choice was not!

As for Seeka and the Kiwifruit industry, I am intrigued at comments by Moosie that PSA is not conquered but that things seem to be getting better? I'd like to learn more about this. Can someone point me in the direction of a good place to learn more?
    Last edited by BIRMANBOY; 24-02-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Veteran novice

The contorting of the English language never ceases to amaze.

I've just heard the Seeka boss talk about having to "restructure our headcount". I think I know what he meant.

IMO

6 cent div announced. heres hoping the cycle is entering an up one. Anyone heard how the crop is shaping up and i havnt heard any negative re pSA effecting the graft overs atp. Dryer conditions have helped.

Yes a quiet achiever...its now returning over 9% gross dividend yield for me. Was worth holding on after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    6 cent div announced. heres hoping the cycle is entering an up one. Anyone heard how the crop is shaping up and i havnt heard any negative re pSA effecting the graft overs atp. Dryer conditions have helped.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

IMO

7c div actually. Congrats BB everyone else is eating dirt. See the re $1.25 spread

No one interested in Kiwifruit these days... ? :/ looking at some Horticulture based stocks, but Seeka seems scarily quiet compared to other couple hort stocks on NZX. Hidden gem or?? Would think the Kiwifruit industry is on the upside after the recent history, or is it still seen as a high risk call?

Disc: noob

Banned

Used to watch it around 90 cents during the PSA scare. Was too illiquid for my taste. Should have eaten the fruit (and the skin too).

Disc: Canadian

This is not particularly liquid but is worth keeping an eye on looking for the occasional dip. Your interest is probably well placed but maybe ill timed since its SP may be close to fully priced. Last 6 months has been between 2.65 to 3.50. I think there is still upward movement however in the future and even now the dividend yield is quite respectable 15 cents 2014 (4.84% plus imputation credits.) They seem to be a well run outfit and are quite diversified in what they do so I don't believe they are high risk. I have been holding since 2011 and it has been a good investment for me..nice dividend yield and also capital growth.
    Quote Originally Posted by martinchnz1 View Post
    No one interested in Kiwifruit these days... ? :/ looking at some Horticulture based stocks, but Seeka seems scarily quiet compared to other couple hort stocks on NZX. Hidden gem or?? Would think the Kiwifruit industry is on the upside after the recent history, or is it still seen as a high risk call?

Disc: noob
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

I had a holding in this but sold after it was hit by PSA, really hurting now that it share price has recovered !