sharetrader
Page 43 of 121 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeka

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    true time is what is important to see what the effects of virus are , dont know if i would dive full in until this unknown is known.
    Not quite sure I see a big virus impact on either production nor the sale of fresh fruit (though, demand might well increase), but yes - it certainly will be interesting to see how this years Australian harvest (quality and volume) looks like.

The effects of global warming including the extended Australian bush fire season might well require some adaptation for all fruit growers ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Not quite sure I see a big virus impact on either production nor the sale of fresh fruit (though, demand might well increase), but yes - it certainly will be interesting to see how this years Australian harvest (quality and volume) looks like.

The effects of global warming including the extended Australian bush fire season might well require some adaptation for all fruit growers ...
    virus have no effect on nz production , if the virus got worse it just be on being able to move the product to china or even around china therefore sales would be down in this market. guess they can just put it in storage what they cant export which i think a lot of exporters are already doing.
    one step ahead of the herd

it certainly will be interesting to see how this years Australian harvest (quality and volume) looks like.
    A Victorian winemaker tells me that they have had rain at the right time and in the right amounts for grape growing - no problems from the drought or wildfires.

I don't know what that means for pears and kiwifruit production however but illustrates that Australia is a big place and not everywhere has been affected by the wildfires.

NZ on high alert for stink bug invasion

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/far...k-bug-invasion

probably concern for seeka and scales
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    NZ on high alert for stink bug invasion

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/far...k-bug-invasion

probably concern for seeka and scales
    Well, yes - but they say it took in Italy roughly 10 years for them to become a problem and apparently there is as well a natural enemy of these bugs which MAF already cleared for introduction.

The brown marmorated stinkbug originates from Asia, where its numbers are kept in check by predators such as the samurai wasp, which lays its eggs inside the eggs of the stinkbug. About the same size as an ant, and with none of the annoying habits of the common wasps that dominate our summer, the samurai wasp has approval for release in New Zealand if a stinkbug invasion should occur.
    No need to panic yet :
    ----

... somebody sold me yesterday some more for $4.25. Quite pleased.
    ----

Last year the 12c March dividend was announced on the 21st Feb. This year's announcement is probably close.

Do you reckon there is any chance they will reduce or hold back the dividend because of the potential effect of Cobid-19?

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Last year the 12c March dividend was announced on the 21st Feb. This year's announcement is probably close.

Do you reckon there is any chance they will reduce or hold back the dividend because of the potential effect of Cobid-19?
    I don't think they would send such a panic signal to the market. I'm sure they are monitoring the situation as we ll as they can and will be dealing with it to the best of their ability

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post

Which effects would you think the virus might have on their business? Seeka is exporting into many countries, eating fresh fruit is highly recommended to improve anybody's immune system ... and the Chinese have said that they are going to prioritize processing perishable food at their ports ...
    ----

Dilettante

Which effects would you think the virus might have on their business? Seeka is exporting into many countries, eating fresh fruit is highly recommended to improve anybody's immune system ... and the Chinese have said that they are going to prioritize processing perishable food at their ports ...
    Yes the Chinese have said that and I am sure that is their intention. But SEK is well aware of the risks this chaos in the Chinese infrastructure can cause, not only ports but also freighting from the ports to end users. It is a real business risk and China is a huge market for Kiwifruit. Luckily we have 2-3 months yet before shipping starts and hopefully things will be a lot clearer and better by then