sharetrader
Page 11 of 121 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeka

Banned

Phew!! Dipped my toe yesterday, only buyer! Biting my nails today until now!!! Aye! Aye!
    Thanks Noodles and Percy again for reassurance.

I got in at $3.20 at wee while back. Hopefully their purchase, the lower dollar and the end of month result will see me in the black again very soon on this one. Even tempted to increase holdings a bit before the big boys kick in.

Gunny

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Slowly moving up now woohoo!

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    Slowly moving up now woohoo!
    Very slowly indeed, but on low volume and large spread. Hopefully we will get the HY results next week and I suspect things may change when the market realises that SEK is trading on a current year PE of 8-10 (my expectation) with a good and steadily increasing flow of dividends.

Agri sector seems stuck on circa PE of 10 Iceman - Other examples SCL and PGW. Disease, pestilence, extreme climatic conditions...you name it...it seems to me the market whether we want it too or not, (and I do as I hold PGW and SCL) seems mostly disinterested in the PE going much over 10. Bloody cyclical's eh...seems the same applies to AIR

I'd love them all to re-rate to a PE of 13, I dream about it some nights LOL
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-08-2015 at 07:37 PM.

Very true. Nevertheless we're well-placed. Negatives already priced in limits downside; nice divies and EPS growth will give us decent upside even without PE re-rate

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Agri sector seems stuck on circa PE of 10 Iceman - Other examples SCL and PGW. Disease, pestilence, extreme climatic conditions...you name it...it seems to me the market whether we want it too or not, (and I do as I hold PGW and SCL) seems mostly disinterested in the PE going much over 10. Bloody cyclical's eh...seems the same applies to AIR

I'd love them all to re-rate to a PE of 13, I dream about it some nights LOL
    Yes I think you have a point Roger that the negativity about dairy in the media and political commentary (even the odd comment on ST) is affecting far more stocks than are being affected in reality. While dairy is currently going through a tough time, horticulture is booming. Silly to treat them both as "agri" stocks and lump them together.

I agree that good and reasonably valued stocks such as SCL and SEK may be stuck roundabout where they are now, while this sentiment continues.

However, I do not think the market has factored in a possible 60-70% EPS growth and a 20% dividend growth YoY for the current year, as I am doing for SEK. Add to that the new acquisition that is likely to add to EPS almost immediately and the upside from current SP is quite significant.

percy

I think the whole point of us discussing shares on sharetrader is to help each other find anomalies,before the market wakes up to them.
    Your research Iceman on SEK is a perfect case in point.
    Share prices follow earnings....buy earnings growth [steve fleming]
    Buying shares where the PE is less than half than eps growth rate is both very safe and extremely profitable.
    So with possible 60% eps growth, SEK looks as though it will only be a matter of time before the market rerates it.But rerate it,it will.!!
    I must admit I am "well positioned."

If you could only buy one today would it be SEK or Scales

Thanks for the research both iceman and Percy

Looking at EPS growth and PE you would go for SEK would you not and it look s to be more in an uptrend than SCL at present

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    If you could only buy one today would it be SEK or Scales

Thanks for the research both iceman and Percy

Looking at EPS growth and PE you would go for SEK would you not and it look s to be more in an uptrend than SCL at present
    I think they are both good companies and good investments, operating in a very similar field being horticulture and logistics. Not sure which is more juicy !
    I know Percy and others happily hold both. I have done my homework on SEK and feel very comfortable with it so have accumulated a few over the last year or so. It is now my 2nd biggest holding.