sharetrader
Page 19 of 120 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeka

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    I like SEK a lot. Like SCL, but the product is more prone to damage. Still, I think they have a better moat and NTA is higher, which is a big deal for me. SCL probably has more growth due to its lack of maturity on the NZX and liquidity + excitement.

I tried to buy in a while ago, but the deal never went through and I ended up buying something else.

Had a friend do some work for SEK, he thinks they're a smart bunch running a solid company.

Snap! I had an order go unfilled for ages and swapped out to another play instead (PGW - doh!). I'm really interested in two points you make about their better moat and higher NTA. Can you elaborate on these? I'd be really keen to read your thinking on this.
    Last edited by Hectorplains; 13-04-2016 at 09:55 PM.

Handsome Member

If anyone on ST is heading to the meeting, can you please post any news that we may miss.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    If anyone on ST is heading to the meeting, can you please post any news that we may miss.
    Thanks
    I didn't get to the meeting, but the report is excellent reading
    https://www.nzx.com/companies/SEK/announcements/281380

Handsome Member

Was was great reading but wanted to know what questions/answers were asked at the meeting....

The Kid

Not much on the buy side this pm after 10,000 shares went at $4.50.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by IAK View Post
    Not much on the buy side this pm after 10,000 shares went at $4.50.
    And even less on the sell side !! Been like that more or less all year with very low liquidity but steady and good SP growth. Coming to the back end of harvesting season that appears to be reasonably good and no major upsets. No reason to think the SP will not continue a bit higher. I will be surprised if we don't get a 5 at the front before year end and a nice steady increase in divie this year.

The Kid

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    And even less on the sell side !! Been like that more or less all year with very low liquidity but steady and good SP growth. Coming to the back end of harvesting season that appears to be reasonably good and no major upsets. No reason to think the SP will not continue a bit higher. I will be surprised if we don't get a 5 at the front before year end and a nice steady increase in divie this year.
    Sorry I meant the sell side. I see a few thousand turned up later in the afternoon.

Dilettante

Well we are now coming to the end of harvesting season. My info is that SEK will equal or exceed last year's record harvest/packing of 30M trays with all indications that prices are remaining firm. Seems to becoming clear that Zespri can not sell all the Hayward produced which makes their refusal to allow Seeka and the other applicant, to sell fruit directly into new overseas markets, look a bit stupid. That decision does not seem to be in the best interests of NZ growers.
    Coldstores have been full for the back half of the harvesting season and will remain so.

No big unexpected issues in Australia although I believe there are some minor teething issues to integrate the new business into Seeka's processes. But improving and growing relationship with supermarket chains is a positive across the ditch. Expect good growth from Australia over coming years.

It will be interesting to see their update which normally comes end of July. I expect a good one, good enough to see a continued increase in dividends
    Last edited by iceman; 14-06-2016 at 06:52 AM. Reason: spelling

Dilettante

As expected SEK has this morning confirmed record volumes of 30.8M trays but will have to dump 700k trays due to Zespri's failure to sell all the fruit grown this year and their ridiculous decision not to allow SEK to sell that fruit into Australia.
    Looking forward to the 1H earnings to be reported late August

good result I should have stayed in, but cant complain costa is doing alright too
    one step ahead of the herd