sharetrader
Page 2 of 120 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeka

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Cheaper? Dont know RW. Where is it listed? And shares MAY be more estricted to growers.
    It's listed on the NZX as well plus there are no restrictions on its investor share register. Anyone can own them, however looks very illiquid as well. But I think its trading at 25% - 30% of asset values plus has revamped commercial management and board members in place.

IMO

Found it on NZAX 55c NTA $1.81. Last div mar 2010 2cents. 247 growers with 1123 canopy Ha, 113 Avo only growers. Reduced debt to $7.7mill (2010). Im no forensics accounts analyst but a value trap for the contrarian m,aybe.If they can manage PSA could be great divvy stream from SEK or this co.Too risky for me right now.

Found it on NZAX 55c NTA $1.81. Last div mar 2010 2cents. 247 growers with 1123 canopy Ha, 113 Avo only growers. Reduced debt to $7.7mill (2010). Im no forensics accounts analyst but a value trap for the contrarian m,aybe.If they can manage PSA could be great divvy stream from SEK or this co.Too risky for me right now.
    If I remember correctly there have been two takeover bids for SAT in the past few years. Both made by Eastpack.

Believe latest bid was at ~$1.25 / share and was about to close but then PSA struck and Eastpack withdrew till they worked out the consequences.

Prior bid was by Eastpack in 2006 or 2007 and I believe in the $1.40 - $1.50 range / share and Satara rejected it I think - dumbarse board back then? Board looks like its been almost fully changed since as a result of insto shareholder agitation.
    Last edited by Random_Walker; 02-08-2011 at 09:48 PM.

This one took a dive today - 20 cents or 14.29%

https://nzx.com/markets/NZSX/securities/SEK

Gross Dividend yield at 22.5%

I know there has been trouble in the Kiwifruit industry lately, but could this stock be one to watch? That divi yield is... well off the charts so to speak. Obviously one would want to wait for a confirmed uptrend before buying.
    "Contrariwise", continued Tweedledee, "If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't.
    "Today is already the tomorrow which the bad economist yesterday urged us to ignore" H Hazlitt

IMO

Huge gamble RazorX. New leaves will be emerging soon on the kiwi vines.Will there be PSA symptons on them and will they spread like wildfire.? Will they find a way to control it ? Some say yes with this 'antibiotic' spray.Can they learn not to go like Italy? where the wipeout rate was horrible.Will watch and listen and read.

Dilettante

Huge gamble RazorX. New leaves will be emerging soon on the kiwi vines.Will there be PSA symptons on them and will they spread like wildfire.? Will they find a way to control it ? Some say yes with this 'antibiotic' spray.Can they learn not to go like Italy? where the wipeout rate was horrible.Will watch and listen and read.
    My understanding is that Seeka has not committed to go with the antibiotic spraying for the Gold variety as they don't have enough info on the potential consequences. The jury is therefore out on that one. So until the new leaves emerge and will be analysed, noone really knows what will happen. A very risky investment indeed !

IMO

Seeka def arent using spray at this point.Other orchadists are and heres hoping.Orchards aligned to diff Management/Packhouse companies next to each other puts them all in the same boat but could cause probs.. Seeka have some highly qualified people looking for a way to deal/contain PSA. Best of luck to the Industry.

Word has it that they are preparing to downsize,offering vuluntary redundancy to permanent staff,in expectation of a reduced crop and margins next season,hmmn just how bad is PSA,last time I heard it was only 2% of total crop.

Advanced Member

I think the operative word here maybe " Permanent " staff..

If allowed to get out of hand in times of plenty..

Very difficult to reduce when times are lean..

Easily replaced ( most packhouse type of operations ) as casuals when they need more staff..

Much easier to lay off !!.

Could be a good move .. Profit wise as they say ..

IMO

[,hmmn just how bad is PSA,last time I heard it was only 2% of total crop.[/QUOTE]by kizame .The new leaves are coming on the vines . PSA could spread like wildfire ala Italy. Reading a Seeka announcement(6month report) Swift orchard has been written off $572k already. 300,000 trays of gold were not harvested because of PSA. This is just the beginning. Hope like hell they can find a way to control it.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 17-09-2011 at 06:28 PM.