sharetrader
Page 22 of 121 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeka

Handsome Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    Kiwifruit flavoured Iceblocks? https://www.nzx.com/companies/SEK/announcements/288220

Should add to the expected earnings next year.
    Sounds like a promising acquisition but shouldn't they have provided details on the financial position of the business? What earnings can we expect from this?

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    Sounds like a promising acquisition but shouldn't they have provided details on the financial position of the business? What earnings can we expect from this?
    Agree LAC. This adds a complete new dimension to the business with new associated risks/rewards. Impossible to weigh up whether this is good or bad with no information given.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    tough times coming for kiwifruit
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...-glance-a-blow

anyway the shipment delay means kiwifruit will go into storage means a oversupply of stock for next season if they cant sell it into other markets or a dumping of stock either way lower returns coming.
    also zespri sell of more licences mean more supply also coming in a couple seasons but they havnt found new markets for all the extra volume so returns may be lower going forward
    saw this coming
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I'm not entirely sure it should be seen as a negative. It's been bumper harvest. probably time to diversify their products so they can make use of such a good harvest.

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    My first thought was that it could be a good means for turning excess and low quality fruit (that would otherwise be unsellable) into product. The question then is whether anyone actually buys the Kiwi Crush range - I've seen them in the supermarket for years but never thought to pick up a box. I'd love to know what their sales volumes are like. Straw poll: has anyone here ever bought them?

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    My first thought was that it could be a good means for turning excess and low quality fruit (that would otherwise be unsellable) into product. The question then is whether anyone actually buys the Kiwi Crush range - I've seen them in the supermarket for years but never thought to pick up a box. I'd love to know what their sales volumes are like. Straw poll: has anyone here ever bought them?

It's popular if you need to 'get things moving' - is often advised to be taken if you're on a course of codeine...

nice to see companies moving into value add in there supply chain
    one step ahead of the herd

Dilettante

Interesting to see that SEK's SP is not dropping after going XD, albeit on low volume. Makes the DRP at $4.27 a good bet :-)