sharetrader
Page 23 of 121 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeka

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Interesting to see that SEK's SP is not dropping after going XD, albeit on low volume. Makes the DRP at $4.27 a good bet :-)
    AGM yesterday I think !

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    AGM yesterday I think !
    It was in April and as far as I know no new news out. Next stakeholder update 21 October

Given the sound half yearly I wouldn't think the stock would see much downwards pressure on its share price. Some headwinds maybe with production but overall still looking competitively priced in my humble opinion.

Interesting to see that SEK's SP is not dropping after going XD, albeit on low volume. Makes the DRP at $4.27 a good bet :-)
    Noticed that too, had to recheck the ex date and also on the DRP, so not bad outcome !

Dilettante

Agree benjitara. But I look forward to seeing some more detail in the October update on the purchase of Kiwi Crush and the establishment of a food technology and processing centre in the BoP. This is quite a major change to current business with more emphasis on value adding. It sounds good to me to do that but very little detail has been provided and meanwhile they have a big job in front of them to build up the Australian business. They can not take their eyes of the ball on that one !

Dilettante

Called SEK today to get some more info on Kiwi Crush purchase and new technology processing centre. It had a very low purchase price and they expect it to pay for itself within a year or 2. Kiwi Crush is mainly sold to hospitals and Douglas Pharmaceuticals as a digestive enhancer (chemotherapy patients for example use it) using the strong prebiotic and enzymes qualities of green Kiwifruit. SEK has sold low/no value fruit (due to cosmetic defect) to Kiwi Crush already but intends to increase this production now that they own the business outright. Also intend to bring bottling and selling of Avocado Oil in-house, which to date has been onsold to Village Press (I think) for bottling and marketing. That is the intention with the processing centre in Tauranga, something that is yet to be built.
    Sounds like business is otherwise tracking along nicely both here and in Australia. Biggest concern in Australia is very low water levels in Lake Eildon but seems to be improving and not at critical stage anymore as far as I understand.
    Last edited by iceman; 26-09-2016 at 12:32 PM. Reason: spelling

percy

Google Lake Eildon and you are updated daily with water levels.!!

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Cool Great place that Lake

...Biggest concern in Australia is very low water levels in Lake Eildon but seems to be improving and not at critical stage anymore as far as I understand.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Google Lake Eildon and you are updated daily with water levels.!!
    Not that interested mate that I need to follow it on a daily basis but have been looking at historical graphs :-)

Dilettante

According to market announcement today, less than 10% of SH (by volume) elected the very substantially discounted DRP with its pre-announced low strike price. Good for the rest of us :-). But I can see how management has to find the right balance with their growth plans and how to fund them, between coming to SH for more cash and/or paying out an acceptable dividend. Personally I wish SH would fund it to a larger degree rather than totally debt funded to maintain the high dividends, I'd even forgo dividend for a year or 2 for good growth investments. I suppose for management it is a bit of "damned if you do and damned if you don't". Growth pains are not to be complained about though :-)