sharetrader
Page 26 of 120 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeka

Dilettante

So in the last couple of weeks, we have gone XD of 10c fully imputed and SP up 90c or 20% last 2 months. Furthermore, last couple of days indicate somebody is very interested as just about anything on offer is being snapped up, particularly today. Not much for sale now at current prices.. I know, it isn't ATM, THL, SUM or AIR which are discussed a lot on ST, but SEK sure has kept up with all of them in last couple of years. I believe we have further to run on this one albeit probably a bit slower. Glad to be holding.
    Last edited by iceman; 07-04-2017 at 10:32 PM.

Handsome Member

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11837112

Sounds good so far, hope the cyclone dont cause too much damage.....

Handsome Member

IMO

High winds cause fruit rub and a greater % of 2nds. Rain drops the brix (sweetness ) levels and fruit have to be dry before harvesting. If delays go on too long(weeks) and the leaf canopy drops, thats when the frosts can cause major damage is my understanding. Hopefully it will all be over quickly and they carry on as usual harvesting on the dry days and get it all in as they usually do.

Did anyone make the meeting? And/or any thoughts on their prospects from presentation?

IMO

Wow two kiwifruit orchards just sold for $1 mill a hectare!

Read more »

That announcement the other daymust have been OK seeing no comment on here

PE pushing the 13 to 14 mark .....hmm

Another wait and see and hope that F18 will be the year ?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Dilettante

It was pretty well signaled winner and the update in line with earlier announcements. Kiwifruit harvest in NZ has been much lower this year than it was in the exceptional 2016.
    Some of the slack for SEK has been picked up by good growth in avocados and a steady improvement in Australia. I am watching Australia with interest, particularly the export of Kiwifruit where SEK is not constrained by a monopoly like Zespri, which potentially opens up some new avenues !!
    Last edited by iceman; 24-06-2017 at 08:19 PM. Reason: spelling

Handsome Member

I am watching at the moment as well. Sold out 75% of position after previous announcement. Think 2017 will be much lower and the insurance claim did help in 2016. Maybe with a little better news I will jump back in.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    I am watching at the moment as well. Sold out 75% of position after previous announcement. Think 2017 will be much lower and the insurance claim did help in 2016. Maybe with a little better news I will jump back in.
    I also sold 60% of mine 3-5 months ago but happy to hold the rest, which is still a substantial part of my NZX holdings. A well managed and growing company that is diversifying in a fast growing industry