sharetrader
Page 27 of 121 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeka

Next year will be interesting to see how kiwifuit volumes go still a lot of guess work at the moment, avocados are a down year next I believe so a lot of guess work still.

I dont hold at the moment but still follow with interest- sold out 3.75- 3.80 way short of current prices as mentioned some time ago, brought into costa grp in aus instead which im more than happy with as it has outperformed seeka by 75% in the time frame since.
    one step ahead of the herd

IMO

Hey Bull thats what the ASX thread is for; it needs more input; ideas and stocks shared ;chewed ;and talked about!!!? You and black peter and how many others don't bother; shame; i encourage anyone one into the ASX to put it out there .

Right on bull - Costa done well over the last year, especially relative to both Seeka and Scales.

Berries, citrus, tomatoes, avocado and mushrooms a better bet along with the ASX rewarding growth better than the NZX

JT, some discussed Costa on the Scales thread and Macduffy and me had a short dialogue at the IPO time but punters on ST didn't seem interested in them.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

IMO

Thanks w69. Post it and they will come i reckon. ASX thread struggles at times to get enough posts hence readers/reponses/comment /ideas ;unfortunately. I doubt most people would only have exposure to NZX; there must be heaps with Aus stocks too. Great rising diagonal chart there for Costa

Dilettante

Quite happy to have exposure through SEK to this growing industry http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11882767

IMO

Thanks Iceman ,Pure Gold
    "That forecast growth is almost entirely based on gold kiwifruit, with exports jumping to $1.3b from $524m, while exports of green fruit actually fall by 2021 to $810m from $917m"

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Quite happy to have exposure through SEK to this growing industry http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11882767
    how can you get this job growth when thew robots are coming to kiwifruit?

http://www.roboticsplus.co.nz/multip...chard-robotics

all the new zespri licences will bring substantial volume on to the market , where the new markets?

IMO

There is a large growing demand for kiwifruit esp from Asia atm bull.

Jobs will be displaced for sure but there will still need to be pickers to clean up after the bots and to pick the side skirts too for a while anyway. And the pruning and tying down is a high labour person job. still atp.

I used to pick way back to boost my coffers. Was in the "A" team ,fastest and most efficient; up to 8 bins or more each day; we had it good and were slightly favoured by the organisers. But then one day a picking gang entered the far side of the large block we were picking(we could hear the 3 bin tractor start up move 30 metres ,stop then repeat.) Alarmingly the sound moved ahead of us and we could almost hear a rising sound of thousands of little snapping pops as kiwifruit were pulled off the vine with an accompanied noisy babble.
    The first Indian workers had arrived. We tried to best them and only occasionally matched them, maybe our fruit quality had less bruising.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 28-06-2017 at 06:21 PM.

http://www.thebull.com.au/articles/a...do-rivals.html

costa aiming to dominate the aus avo market - implications for nz exports? as they grow there supply

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    http://www.thebull.com.au/articles/a...do-rivals.html

... - implications for nz exports? as they grow there supply
    No real implications for NZ exports. They bought out existing orchards, rather than have new plantings. So there is no further avacados being grown, just a change in the name of the supplier.