sharetrader
Page 29 of 120 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeka

Dilettante

Have only read the highlights but I am reasonably satisifed with it. The much lower volumes (Zespri controlled) were well signalled and they have obviously done things more efficiently this year due to pressure on volumes. Should be good for future years.
    Hopefully kiwifruit volumes will rise to a better level this year and the avocados are looking extremely good. Australia steadily improving.
    Debt increasing but so are assets but they need to watch the debt levels.

Still holding 1/3 of what I had this time last year and happy to keep holding it
    Last edited by iceman; 23-02-2018 at 10:00 PM.

Dilettante

LAC I wonder if opthers have seen something much better in the report than we did !. SP up nearly 10% in the last 10 days and very good volume in this stock today with all the sellers taken out. Interesting development.

Handsome Member

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    LAC I wonder if opthers have seen something much better in the report than we did !. SP up nearly 10% in the last 10 days and very good volume in this stock today with all the sellers taken out. Interesting development.
    Was just following the same thing, I have a very small chunk of shares left as I sold almost 90% last year, was planning to sell the remaining parcel after that announcement but lucky I held it

Handsome Member

$7 now.... I give up, I dont understand how these things work anymore lol

The Kid

Hmmm Seeka hits $7 (altbeit on light volume). Outlook return to average for green, increase in gold, avocados performing well, expenditure on capital growth completed.

Disc. Holding

Dilettante

Kiwifruit is definitely a big growth industry and I like being invested in it. Growth similar to tourism. If Zespri's sales estimates come to fruition, or should that be fruitition, this industry will export 1/3 of what the the dairy industry does.
    But the road ahead is far from straight and level heads will be needed to manage it. Interesting article in the Herald today and I like Seeka's CEO's careful approach.
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=12015919
    Last edited by iceman; 20-03-2018 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Spelling

Dilettante

Interesting to note SEK has sold its shares in Zespri, receiving just over $6m which will be used to fund its growth strategy. I like the way they are confidently growing their business in NZ and Australia.

percy

Interesting to note SEK has sold its shares in Zespri, receiving just over $6m which will be used to fund its growth strategy. I like the way they are confidently growing their business in NZ and Australia.
    So they don't need to own Zespri share to supply Zespri.
    Hope they have retained one share so M.Franks can ask "interesting" questions at Zespri agms should he wish to.?

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    So they don't need to own Zespri share to supply Zespri.
    Hope they have retained one share so M.Franks can ask "interesting" questions at Zespri agms should he wish to.?
    No, apparently this is a recent change to Zespri's constitution. Agree Michael Franks has been a constant and necessary critic of Zespri and has always said SEK would be better off without them !
    I believe some freedom outside of Zespri is part of their growth strategy in Australia.

Dilettante

Interesting interview on NBR yesterday with Seeka's CEO. He says that the 1st reason for the sale of their shares in Zespri is that they were unhappy with and voted against the recent changes to Zespri's constitution that they felt treated those leasing land for growing worse than the landowner. Bearing in mind that SEK is the biggest grower in NZ and most of it from leased land, that is understandable.
    He says once the constitutional changes went through, they then considered the best use of their capital would be to sell Zespri shares and put some in the bank to support current and future growth plans and rest to pay down debt.