sharetrader
Page 45 of 121 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast

Thread: Seeka

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    be more informative if they provided a comparison before the northland aquisitions , looks like the lift is only due to this could actually be worse if nortland taken out
    what a surprise - black sludge coming from the bull. LOL.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

a kiwifruit is a kiwifruit is a kiwifruit
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Dilettante

Good to see nearly all the increase is in Sun Gold. Hayward estimates pretty much same as last year. Hopefully harvesting, packing and deliveries will go well and not be too badly affected by slowness in Chinese ports and transport.

Nibbled at a few more this morning

no body mentioned if kiwifruit harvest will go smoothly , will seasonal workers be allowed into the country to pick fruit if virus really takes off ? same for scales etc
    one step ahead of the herd

Yeh workers should be fine. I’m in the wine industry and we don’t have any issues yet and Kiwifruit/apples happen around same time as us with the same labour pool. Getting the fruit to market will be interesting... lack of containers currently as they are all stuck in China... zespri hire their ship, so they should be sweet. Hopefully getting It off the ship will happen? Heard ports in China super slow with massive backlogs...

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky-bobby View Post
    Yeh workers should be fine. I’m in the wine industry and we don’t have any issues yet and Kiwifruit/apples happen around same time as us with the same labour pool. Getting the fruit to market will be interesting... lack of containers currently as they are all stuck in China... zespri hire their ship, so they should be sweet. Hopefully getting It off the ship will happen? Heard ports in China super slow with massive backlogs...
    Ports are struggling to get their workers back, all the labourers went back to their rural home towns for the NY and then couldn't return.... If it can all get sorted in the next month the hort industry might just scrape in and get lucky. Lord knows what the market pricing will end up as so returns are anyones guess....

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky-bobby View Post
    There sure will be challenges. But in our favour is the Chinese Government's stated intention to give food imports a priority at the ports. One would hope perishables such as fruit would be given a high priority.
    In my industry (fishing) we are already seeing higher demand and prices for fish that has not been caught or processed in China or SE Asia, particularly into Europe. This bodes well for NZ food exporters.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    There sure will be challenges. But in our favour is the Chinese Government's stated intention to give food imports a priority at the ports. One would hope perishables such as fruit would be given a high priority.
    In my industry (fishing) we are already seeing higher demand and prices for fish that has not been caught or processed in China or SE Asia, particularly into Europe. This bodes well for NZ food exporters.
    Apparently with the very high Vitamin C content of Kiwifruit they are in very great demand in China as it helps in the fight of the current virus

Last edited by turnip; 06-03-2020 at 07:05 PM. Reason: date

great, thanks Turnip. appreciate you drawing this to our attention
    it has been somewhat disappointing to see the demand for Seeka drop off recently perhaps this will assist. The company would appear to be doing well with diverse exports in Asia but mainly Australia.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....