sharetrader
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    percy

Yes.
    Now a long term holder,ie a short term holding that did not work out.!!!! lol.

Percy, might be worth becoming a short term holder again if you aren't still a long term holder.

I followed this company years back, it came onto my radar again a few months ago but I never followed up on digging into the details. Anyway finally did a couple of weeks ago and see that it has entered a growth phase with alternate revenue streams coming online (licencing their technology and product division - see us steel below). Also management is targeting to double revenue and this will significantly increase EPS as they have very good control on expenses.

I've always thought they have had a good product, but they are now getting traction offshore and have growth in Aussie too. Management/founders still holds around 50% so its more like investing in a private company than the share market.

Risks are downturn in mining sector, product division have won and are pushing into US steel industry with rollers (which basically thin/mould out the steel during manufacturing) - not sure how resilient the US steel industry is without trumps handy tariffs. Also key person risk.

Financials - generating cash, cash flow +ve, profitable. Investing in growth, pays div
    Balance sheet - no debt, cash on hand.
    Forward PE around 10-12 if I remember my modest assumptions correctly.

Anyway a long story short I should have looked a few month ago and would have a tidy return now, but had a good look the other day and i'm in now. I like the robustness of this company and the fact they really have a product that had worked for many years.

Worth a look, 40mil market cap, could be significantly higher if plans play out, and they look to be working so far.
    Last edited by NZSilver; 16-05-2019 at 04:47 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    Percy, might be worth becoming a short term holder again if you aren't still a long term holder.

I followed this company years back, it came onto my radar again a few months ago but I never followed up on digging into the details. Anyway finally did a couple of weeks ago and see that it has entered a growth phase with alternate revenue streams coming online (licencing their technology and product division - see us steel below). Also management is targeting to double revenue and this will significantly increase EPS as they have very good control on expenses.

I've always thought they have had a good product, but they are now getting traction offshore and have growth in Aussie too. Management/founders still holds around 50% so its more like investing in a private company than the share market.

Risks are downturn in mining sector, product division have won and are pushing into US steel industry with rollers (which basically thin/mould out the steel during manufacturing) - not sure how resilient the US steel industry is without trumps handy tariffs. Also key person risk.

Financials - generating cash, cash flow +ve, profitable. Investing in growth, pays div
    Balance sheet - no debt, cash on hand.
    Forward PE around 10-12 if I remember my modest assumptions correctly.

Anyway a long story short I should have looked a few month ago and would have a tidy return now, but had a good look the other day and i'm in now. I like the robustness of this company and the fact they really have a product that had worked for many years.

Worth a look, 40mil market cap, could be significantly higher if plans play out, and they look to be working so far.
    I sold nearly all of my holding last May to buy the new house,just a few months before they took off.!!
    I notice a couple of Aussie tipsters have written them up.
    I have been avoiding the Aussie small caps.Been concentrating on NZ yield stocks.
    I should have a bit of spare cash in a couple of months,so may look at them then.
    LBL have a divie reinvestment scheme.
    Last edited by percy; 16-05-2019 at 05:08 PM.

Ahhh I know the feeling, sold a bunch of a2 to buy a herd of cows a few years back.

Has found new base around 38-40c, the more I look at this company the more I like. Comparing to other companies of similar size and prospects it should be prices at 50-60c. To me its the lack liquidity and high private ownership of founders/family which mean its under the radar. However in some ways these are very positive attributes in terms of management doing best for shareholders. The dividend should grow quickly with the growth, so even if the price dosn't end up reflecting the true value, yield should increase significantly.

https://www.finnewsnetwork.com.au/ar...ork200973.html

Anyone on this

percy

Held for years.Sold most off, and left with a very small holding,[mainly so I can eligible for a SSP].
    I think it is Livewire, who has been promoting it recently.They have a lot higher hopes for it than I do.

Percy, yeah ok thanks for that I'll have a browse on LW, I think it's either going to be the same old lbl, revenues and profit lumpy = sp stays the same or dips a bit. New growth intiatives succeed (already some initial success last results) and re rate to 15-20 forward Pe (currently approx 10). I'm in with decent chunk. Let's see how it goes.

percy

Try Livewire,also,
    twitter..Matt Brazier's Investment Diary. He has it in his portfolio.
    Just googled Laserbond research, and ethicalequities also showed up.

Anticipation of a good result and value is bringing buyers to the table for laserbond.