sharetrader
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by steve fleming View Post
    Now that he is retired, i thought it might be interesting to see what RB is investing in personally – as he is currently seems to be on a real buying spree.

So far, in the last couple of weeks, he has popped up as a SSH in the following:

India Equities Limited (Cash up shell) – 15% stake
    Holder of 18 m shares at around 5.5c
    http://www.smh.com.au/business/retir...116-1ni2l.html

"Sir Ron Brierley is back. The 74-year old corporate raider last night finalised a deal to take a controlling stake and the chairmanship of listed investment vehicle India Equities Fund..."

Share prices follow earnings....buy EPS growth!!

percy

NBR,25/11/11
    Sir Ron's nominee was listed as holder of 10mil units [2.3%] of ILF:.ING Real Estate Community Group.

percy

Hi Karen1 and KW,knew I had read it somewhere,forgot I had posted above.

Quote Originally Posted by karen1 View Post
    LOL, Jack in the box.

Karen, that link you posted is a dud unfortunately.

Its a shortened version by use of dots in the link as in ie: /....dots....theOtherPartOfLink.html

Best to right click the link and choose Copy Link Location or link in IE, right click the link and Copy Shortcut, or even just copy the address from the address bar in the browser.

Sorry for all the technicals :P
    --> Watch THRIVE 2011 a must watch Doco! --> Also watch ETHOS 2011 & share the Awareness~!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by karen1 View Post
    link......
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Cheers CJ.
    --> Watch THRIVE 2011 a must watch Doco! --> Also watch ETHOS 2011 & share the Awareness~!

Thanks CJ, and DF, ta for the lesson! My links usually work, so don't know what I did different to day. Hope all is well over there.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Sir Ron was a brilliant analysis who brought under-valued asset rich companies. He made target companies sell under performing assets.He altered NZ and Australian sharemarkets,driving out "old" under performing directors/companies.
    If companies were asleep Brierly Investments,and later IEL [Australian based] woke them up with a takeover offer.The company grew too large and floundered with the takeover of UK hotel chain Mt Charlotte.It was only quick thinking by MD Bruce Hancock who saved BIL from going bellyup.Sir Ron then brought GPG from Brrierly Investments, and set about repeating his errors by ending up the owner of "past due date' Coats treads.GPG is now in "the wreckers yard "being dismanteled.He would be worth watching/following if he is investing on his own account.Should he be looking to takeover INE as his next vehicle I would leave it well alone.He knew which people to get rid of in target companies,but employed over paid underachievers ,who put their own interests before shareholders,in both Brrierly and GPG..His choices of Bruce Judge,Russell Goward,Gary Weiss was suspect.!His fellow directors left a lot to answer to,with all over loading themselves with options at sharehoders expense.

Best summary of the senile old fool and his follies.