sharetrader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pre-Christmas Sharetrader Get Together - Auckland - November 2023

Hi Everyone

This year I am suggesting Sunday 26 November at 3.00pm at our usual venue, Oyster and Chop, 95-97 Customs Street West, Market Square, Auckland Central. "Happy Hour" is designated from 3.00pm (but lasts until 6.00pm) in the Oyster Bar with $2 oysters and "cheaper" beers. No bookings allowed, so taking our chance. Beagle has suggested he will be on hand, and the dust will have settled on the election so plenty to talk about after a torrid year for most.

All welcome on the day, but good to respond below if you are intending to come along. If it helps, I first attended one of these soirees as a non-member who merely read the various threads and had neither joined the forum nor posted but found a voice with the encouragement of those participating on that occasion.

Hoping to see folk then.

Great suggestion Ronaldson, I will come along and enjoy some time with others at Oyster and Chop.

Advanced Member

Yeah I'll be there, will drift in early for those cheap oysters and beer. I noticed they have finished the new extended out door area at the east side of the bar, a bit more room for drinking, eating, dancing and tipping off stools.

I'm in. It was good last year.

Apologies for posting again here but it will bring the thread back to the top of the forum's first page. I may do this once more next Monday also.

Appreciate the views and replies to date. Let us all know if you are intending to come, albeit all welcome on the day. Currently I am expecting at least six attendees.

We should know all the coalition details by then so will be interesting to get folks take on sharemarket impact.

Regards.

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Can you cope with me being there? Happy to answer questions...

Oliver Mander
    CEO, NZSA

Oliver - That would be great! Above and beyond the call to duty I would say, but much appreciated.

Look forward to seeing you on that occasion.

Someone has pointed out to me that the afternoon of Sunday 26th November sees the Santa Parade in Auckland from 1.00pm start to about 2.30pm. That is a little unfortunate as it will mean significant conjestion in the inner city and a lack of parking in the general area until numbers dissipate, so be warned.

I still intend to be present at Oyster and Chop at 3.00pm, but feel free to opt for 3.30 or even 4.00pm if needs be and we will understand.

Regards.

This is my final post here, to bring the thread back to page 1 and remind everyone of the get together on Sunday as outlined above.

No doubt we will have had the coalition outcome announcement by the end of this week (if not today!) and the NZX listed entity reportings for the period ending 30 September are in full swing now, so lots to talk about.

And both Beagle and Oliver Mander are intending to be present, so look forward to meeting up with others who may attend.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldson View Post
    This is my final post here, to bring the thread back to page 1 and remind everyone of the get together on Sunday as outlined above.

No doubt we will have had the coalition outcome announcement by the end of this week (if not today!) and the NZX listed entity reportings for the period ending 30 September are in full swing now, so lots to talk about.

And both Beagle and Oliver Mander are intending to be present, so look forward to meeting up with others who may attend.

Is Beagle bringing his lawyer?