sharetrader
Page 147 of 323 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 3229

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Deloitte Top 200: FPH named company of the year 2020

A great write up on it behind paywall at NZ Herald on 3 December. For those that can read it, it is here https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...UONIXXMZWW3EE/
    Well done FPH and it’s CEO as well

Iceman - a great example of what a successful demerger can do.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Well done FPH and it’s CEO as well

Iceman - a great example of what a successful demerger can do.
    Haha. I had shares in both after the demerger way back then and happily accepted Haier's offer for Appliances a bit later. I think it is fair to say most holders did not appreciate fully what we had with FPH. So yes you are right, it was as successful one. But quite different to the other one we are thinking of :-)
    Last edited by iceman; 04-12-2020 at 07:41 AM.

Haha. I had shares in both after the demerger way back then and happily accepted Haier's offer for Appliances a bit later. I think it is fair to say most holders did not appreciate fully what we had with FPH. So yes you are right, it was as successful one. But quite different to the other one we are thinking of :-)
    Pre demerger the market was valuing Healthcare at hardly anything much to the frustration of the Board / investors ...set free Health was a star ...and Appliances just plodded on as usual.

If Heartland think Motor is worth heaps more than bank multiples a demerger makes sense

When demerged many hocked off their Healthcare shares pretty quickly ...I remember picking up a bundle and couldn’t believe it when the share price doubled in a few weeks when the market woke up to what a standalone Healthcare was all about.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Outside thinking.

Attachment 12131

Not often we see FPH trading below 30 and 90 day MA.

Maybe it was a bit of an over reaction to the Covid vaccine news last week but I've now added FPH to my portfolio.

FWIW I expect hospital budgets are going to be boosted for several more years and FPH will continue to benefit.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Attachment 12131

Not often we see FPH trading below 30 and 90 day MA.

Maybe it was a bit of an over reaction to the Covid vaccine news last week but I've now added FPH to my portfolio.

FWIW I expect hospital budgets are going to be boosted for several more years and FPH will continue to benefit.
    That's my view too, a bit of an over reaction to the great COVID news, so I topped up a bit on Friday. With the huge growth in device sales this year and an indication from management a couple of weeks ago that growth in device sales had further accelerated in the December quarter, we are in for ongoing bumper sales in consumables to service and maintain all these new devices. I see nothing but further growth on the horizon with this one. Even post COVID I think health authorities around the World will be taking a hard look at how ill prepared they generally were for this pandemic and will be better preparing hospitals with equipment to deal with future outbreaks. We are well positioned.

Outside thinking.

That's my view too, a bit of an over reaction to the great COVID news, so I topped up a bit on Friday. With the huge growth in device sales this year and an indication from management a couple of weeks ago that growth in device sales had further accelerated in the December quarter, we are in for ongoing bumper sales in consumables to service and maintain all these new devices. I see nothing but further growth on the horizon with this one. Even post COVID I think health authorities around the World will be taking a hard look at how ill prepared they generally were for this pandemic and will be better preparing hospitals with equipment to deal with future outbreaks. We are well positioned.
    Great minds think alike and I'm happy to be in such esteemed company.

I have always wanted a 'safe haven' stock like this in my long term hold portfolio and it's never to late to start collecting IMHO. Always good to be 'well positioned'.

Guru

Is it a double bottom or double top?
    Either way I agree with you both
    https://www.investopedia.com/terms/d...and-bottom.asp

Its not just the COVID vaccine though, the NZD has gone through the roof. FPH has always been sensitive to such movements. Will be a lot more now, but think it was like $4m of profit per 1 cent change in the USD/NZD.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    Its not just the COVID vaccine though, the NZD has gone through the roof. FPH has always been sensitive to such movements. Will be a lot more now, but think it was like $4m of profit per 1 cent change in the USD/NZD.
    That is absolutely true but we should not forget that much of their costs are also in currencies other than NZ, nearly all of their manufacturing costs for example. It could also be argued that FPH is a buy when the NZ$ is strong, not least if a long time NZ$ bull Roger J Kerr is right when he says the Kiwi has run too far https://www.interest.co.nz/currencie...now-overcooked

But I am not going to try to guess the FX markets and will continue with my buy and hold strategy on this one while the future appears as good as it does to me at the moment.

That is absolutely true but we should not forget that much of their costs are also in currencies other than NZ, nearly all of their manufacturing costs for example. It could also be argued that FPH is a buy when the NZ$ is strong, not least if a long time NZ$ bull Roger J Kerr is right when he says the Kiwi has run too far https://www.interest.co.nz/currencie...now-overcooked

But I am not going to try to guess the FX markets and will continue with my buy and hold strategy on this one while the future appears as good as it does to me at the moment.
    Agree the NZD seems overcooked to me too but it has momentum so will probably continue until something changes.

FPH share price driven mostly by overseas investors these days and its a good time for them to sell and take profits with the NZD so high. So expect it to go a bit lower and test $30 once the FDA approves the two vaccines. That's when I plan to top up but then I may just be being greedy!