sharetrader
Page 187 of 324 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237287 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 3233

There was this guy on the radio last night saying his business has seen activity fall away quite a lot over the last month which surprised him a bit because over the last year he had been flat out. Said he used to get three to four big orders a month but now it’s down to one if he’s lucky …….he said he makes components for Fisher and Paykel.

I assumed he was talking about FPH because he added in some respects that’s good because it means less people are dying
    Last edited by winner69; 09-07-2021 at 02:46 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    There was this guy on the radio last night saying his business has seen activity fall away quite a lot over the last month which surprised him a bit because over the last year he had been flat out. Said he used to get three to four big orders a month but now it’s down to one if he’s lucky …….he said he makes components for Fisher and Paykel.

Was just answering the question how’s biz going
    Maybe they found a better source ...lol

At present data not showing any big drop in FPH revenues ...April and May data in ....

Investments

Maybe they found a better source ...lol

At present data not showing any big drop in FPH revenues ...April and May data in ....

Hopefully they will say something about 1st qtr performance at 18th Aug ASM
    Last edited by alokdhir; 08-07-2021 at 08:34 PM.

Advanced Member

Did they ask him if it was components for dishwashers, or respiratory devices?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Did they ask him if it was components for dishwashers, or respiratory devices?

I assumed he was talking about FPH because he added in some respects that’s good because it means less people are dying
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Outside thinking.

BlackRock keen to up their holding?
    Last edited by Leftfield; 13-07-2021 at 03:13 PM.

DFABPCLMB

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    BlackRock keen to up their holding?
    Interesting. I genuinely wonder if having Blackrock as a major shareholder is a double edged sword. Having looked at the various meme short squeeze stocks over the past few months, a common factor I am seeing is Blackrock. They are willing buyers using other people's money in their funds, but I also believe they are an equally willing lender of shares to hedge funds for shorting, for the benefit of Blackrock. Who would lend out shares to shorters, unless you didn't actually own them for your own benefit? It must be the funds & institutions.

As the short squeeze plays out and dies down, it is often Blackrock whose shareholding also dies down over that time frame as short positions and synthetic shares unwind. This is purely anecdotal observations on my part rather than hard and fast data where historically Blackrock has been a major (sometimes the largest) shareholder in shares that have been subjected to attempted short squeezes. I'm not suggesting this is about to happen with FPH, although I do note the current short interest in FPH on the ASX is around 0.5% (not high) and has been on a general uptrend for the past 24 months.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Interesting. I genuinely wonder if having Blackrock as a major shareholder is a double edged sword. Having looked at the various meme short squeeze stocks over the past few months, a common factor I am seeing is Blackrock. They are willing buyers using other people's money in their funds, but I also believe they are an equally willing lender of shares to hedge funds for shorting, for the benefit of Blackrock. Who would lend out shares to shorters, unless you didn't actually own them for your own benefit? It must be the funds & institutions.

As the short squeeze plays out and dies down, it is often Blackrock whose shareholding also dies down over that time frame as short positions and synthetic shares unwind.....although I do note the current short interest in FPH on the ASX is around 0.5% (not high) and has been on a general uptrend for the past 24 months.
    I'm with you on this. What I see is short term shorting on a stock and algorithm trading which lowers the SP and drives out small investors, while the big institutions load up.

I recall the days when XRO went from $40 down to $13 and of course ATM's current slide $20 to $6 is partially big investors taking advantage of the profit downgrades.

As a long term small investor I'm not too worried as good companies bounce back, (he said hopefully.) I still see FPH as a $50 share in 2 yrs....and remember small investors can benefit, as long as we have the intestinal fortitude (guts) to buy on the lows.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 14-07-2021 at 08:54 AM.

Guru

Black Rock also loaded up on AIA

Outside thinking.

Good week for holders.

On the leaderboard and up $1 today. Naice.