sharetrader
Page 160 of 324 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 3235

I'm not really into TA but is the next support $27?

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    I'm not really into TA but is the next support $27?
    For me $ 28 is next strong support after breaking of $ 30.50....

High NZD and foreign funds selling is the short term reason for FPH below $ 30 ...Lack of buying is also contributing to big moves down on persistence selling pressures

Now its down for last 4 days in a row ...from 32.95 to 28.76 in 4 days ...maybe some bounce is due soon ...
    Last edited by alokdhir; 26-02-2021 at 07:07 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post

High NZD and foreign funds selling is the short term reason for FPH below $ 30 ...Lack of buying is also contributing to big moves down on persistence selling pressures

Now its down for last 4 days in a row ...from 32.95 to 28.76 in 4 days ...maybe some bounce is due soon ...

Down 12% since start of the week. Initially I thought drop in SP solely due to sudden rise in exchange rate but as the week went on & SP continued to drop, seemed too much to explain this & something else driving it.
    Your mention of big funds switching from Covid related stocks to Tourism stocks seemed plausible though if true I think a little premature and a big gamble.
    Even in a post Covid world (which seems along way off) I can't see FPH's huge growth slowing much.
    And with such long winded & incredibly stringent regulatory safety barriers to entry, the hospital & medical device market is not an easy one for competitors to jump into.
    However, just a question of what PE one is prepared to pay for that future growth.
    Seems oversold to me now, but we shall see.

Veteran novice

I agree, Blue Skies. The market looks forward but may have got a bit ahead of itself here. I'll wait for the SP to settle before adding to my little pile.

Investments

Fully agree with both of your views ...FPH is and was a great company pre and post covid times ...Its good opportunity to add to your portfolio for long term .

I started adding below 30 and have added equal amounts in last four days

Foreign funds have 20% currency appreciation also going for them ( For sell side who entered NZ market around 60 cents levels ) and to them in USD its still not attractive at 28.50 NZD ...its only attractive to us in NZD terms ...we need to keep in mind

Still 25% down from its top is good price to get in

In USD terms its still sitting at 38 at 0.60 cents exchange levels
    Last edited by alokdhir; 26-02-2021 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post

Looks like that 28 level may be tested today. I need to see it (or the 27-level) hold before starting to buy.

US tech bust (ongoing) and the strong kiwi aren't helping matters...

Quote Originally Posted by HKG2301 View Post
    Looks like that 28 level may be tested today. I need to see it (or the 27-level) hold before starting to buy.

US tech bust (ongoing) and the strong kiwi aren't helping matters...
    Support around 18 bucks after that
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Support around 18 bucks after that
    Good man ... :
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Investments

Baby getting thrown with water is the story here ...so let it go where it goes ...finally people will see extreme value when results come in May ...maybe opposite of ATM will happen then up 20% ...

Investments

Today is index rebalancing day ...normally in auction it moves up on huge volumes ...30th Nov auction lead to 92 cents jump !!!