sharetrader
Page 10 of 324 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    My todays quote: ...Strangely in the past few months I have observed that FPH holds up well on bad days, as our dollars falls in tandem with the dropping market.
    Well the market has dropped NZ$ not much but the FPH share has dropped big time down 9c (2.7%) to its 27 month resistence level of 320c.
    Well this is another one of my shares today thats testing my sell trigger. Already sold a couple. What a day!!!...my sell signals going off all over my share portfolio...
    Hoop

Join the club. I've lost so much over the last three months that I've given up even counting. You don't get much better coy's than FPH. I'm looking forward to the day where I'm back in the money.
    Toddy

fph has caught my eye recently so i've read the last few pages of this thread.
    what an informative and intelligent discussion -- well done the posters!
    i'm wondering how many of you have been triggered out?

one thing i have noticed perusing the charts is that when the W%R hits oversold, a rise in price (albeit a small one) seems to follow.
    the mfi also seems to reflect the price movements sufficiently well to be quite a good indicator.

when both the W%R and mfi hit bottom -- they're heading that way -- i'll start having a good look at the possibility of buying.
    thanks for all the useful info. cheers.

Well, all the signals just whipsawed. Probably best to wait until the downtrend line is clearly broken.
    Disclaimer: Do not take my posts seriously. They are only opinions.

AMR has sold all shares and is pursuing property.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by xxamr_corpxx View Post
    Well, all the signals just whipsawed. Probably best to wait until the downtrend line is clearly broken.
    All the TA signals are against a buy at this moment in time, so lets look at the fundamentals. They must manufacture overseas with cheap labour, or they wont compete. The NZ dollar is still way to high so fundamentals look almost as bad as the TA. Everything running at a profit has an oversold price this company still has a way to go before that triggers in my opinion. Its a shame to see a good company hit the slippery down hill slope must be at the bottom sooner or later but not right now. Macdunk

Advanced Member

Never seen the attraction of this stock , they had a good product but a difficult area to sustain any competitive advantage.
    There are several american companies they competing against and they are flying woith the low greenback.

Im buying into american equities at present through several LICs , the low dollar is going to really help them , see airbus worried they cannot compete withj boeing due to the low US dollar.

Put those overpriced kiwi dollars to work and invest in low greenback stocks. Thats my tip for the day

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Never seen the attraction of this stock , they had a good product but a difficult area to sustain any competitive advantage.
    There are several american companies they competing against and they are flying woith the low greenback.

Im buying into american equities at present through several LICs , the low dollar is going to really help them , see airbus worried they cannot compete withj boeing due to the low US dollar.

Put those overpriced kiwi dollars to work and invest in low greenback stocks. Thats my tip for the day
    RATKIN, I would say you are doing it it wrong, but then you probabely kmow more about this sort of thing than i do. I placed my NZ overpriced dollars in Australia where their money is on an uptrend. The NZoverpriced dollars are going down hill in comparison along with the yankey dollar. The competitive advantage is with the chinese market, with their low production rates, that neither the NZ or American market can compete in a competitive open free market against. We are downtrending in the world market place, along with the Americans. To invest in either requires you to select the very top stocks in what is turning out to be a falling economy. Macdunk

Advanced Member

It all depends if you see the US decline as permanent or temporary.
    Im taking the view that the low dollar is going to really kickstart their economy.
    Last year bought a basket of aussie stocks so agree with you on that score, am underweight new zealand as usual mainly because living here i like to put my eggs in other baskets.
    Im still very wary of investing in china , they flying too high. It still going to be the big global american companies in control.

So where is FPH heading now ??? in for another drop to say $2.85

In an internet cafe and just noticed the FPH move. The analysists that were prevy to todays presentation by FPH obviously did not like the signs heading into the future. This is the real thing now, falling on facts, so I'm picking $2.50.

Hopefully the Jo Bloggs out there can get hold of the presentation material.

I got out on the last spike around $3.50 to $3.60.
    Toddy

You need to register with their website to view the webcast, but their presentation is available here.

http://www.fphcare.com/news/2007/FY08%20Half%20Year%20Update%20&%20Overview.pdf

My interpretation of financial documents is rather poor, but my first impression s that they are being squeezed by both the kiwi dollar and an increase in operating costs. The figures in USD don't look that great either, suggesting that there is more than just currency pain. I got out at 3.33 a while back.
    Disclaimer: Do not take my posts seriously. They are only opinions.

AMR has sold all shares and is pursuing property.