sharetrader
Page 100 of 324 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 3235
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    PEs don’t matter for companies like FPH .....the world is buying quality growth at any cost

That’s what you have missed
    This is worth having a look at.....Some of the comments below it are reasonable as well.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/420...uations-matter

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    This is worth having a look at.....Some of the comments below it are reasonable as well.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/420...uations-matter
    That view is very bearish isn’t it
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I do wonder about the competition with production in China selling to the usa.

Update on patent proceedings in Germany: https://www.fphcare.com/nz/our-compa...edings-update/

SP smashed today by over 4%.

They are still putting a positive spin on it:

“While we are disappointed with today’s outcome, this decision will not impact the sale or supply of our current Simplus and Eson 2 masks to our customers in Germany,” said Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Managing Director and CEO, Lewis Gradon. “Furthermore, we continue to anticipate our earlier challenge to the validity of this patent with the EPO.”
    Resmed are happy though (http://investors.resmed.com/investor...l/default.aspx):

“We applaud the Munich District Court for reaching this just finding, and are exploring all options in light of the fact that Fisher & Paykel is selling CPAP masks with headgear that infringes a valid ResMed patent in Germany,” said ResMed Chief Administrative Officer and Global General Counsel David Pendarvis. “We will continue to defend our intellectual property here and wherever necessary to ensure that patients worldwide continue to receive the high-quality care they deserve,” Pendarvis said."

Anybody remembering the $16.39 per share people have been happy to pay end of August? Down more than 20% (this is the start of bear territory, isn't it? And the trendline just passed the "cross of death" and struggles with moving agains above the MA400. I guess this means for such a well run company that great buying opportunities will be ahead, but at this stage they still feel pretty dear.

Forward PE still close to 33 ... even a CAGR of nearly 16 does not really sweeten this deal.

Any ideas where the trend might turn agin? $12? $11? - or will it go down to the $10?

Fun fact ... even at $10 would the forward PE (3 years avg) still be 25 .. - and lets not talk about the backward PE (10 years avg) ... above 50!
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Anybody remembering the $16.39 per share people have been happy to pay end of August? Down more than 20% (this is the start of bear territory, isn't it? And the trendline just passed the "cross of death" and struggles with moving agains above the MA400. I guess this means for such a well run company that great buying opportunities will be ahead, but at this stage they still feel pretty dear.

Forward PE still close to 33 ... even a CAGR of nearly 16 does not really sweeten this deal.

Any ideas where the trend might turn agin? $12? $11? - or will it go down to the $10?

Fun fact ... even at $10 would the forward PE (3 years avg) still be 25 .. - and lets not talk about the backward PE (10 years avg) ... above 50!
    Who knows what share price could go down to.I do know that future earnings are highly likely to be far greater than the past earnings have been. That's why takeovers happen & why I HATE most takeovers.They are generally lost opportunities for existing SH.Future share price and any TO price is dependent on where you sit.TO of FP Appliances,Trademe happened when someone saw good value.

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Who knows what share price could go down to.I do know that future earnings are highly likely to be far greater than the past earnings have been. That's why takeovers happen & why I HATE most takeovers.They are generally lost opportunities for existing SH.Future share price and any TO price is dependent on where you sit.TO of FP Appliances,Trademe happened when someone saw good value.
    Nothing wrong with takeovers - they only can happen if the bidder sees more value in the company than the (overwhelming majority of) sellers, otherwise they just wouldn't sell - would they? As well - just buy into the bidder (normally a listed company as well) and all is sorted ...

Not sure, though whether there are any planned on FPH's account - they honestly don't look that cheap to me, but sure, somebody with deep pockets might be interested in their IP.
    ----

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Nothing wrong with takeovers - they only can happen if the bidder sees more value in the company than the (overwhelming majority of) sellers, otherwise they just wouldn't sell - would they? As well - just buy into the bidder (normally a listed company as well) and all is sorted ...

Not sure, though whether there are any planned on FPH's account - they honestly don't look that cheap to me, but sure, somebody with deep pockets might be interested in their IP.
    I am not sure that this would be the right choice"As well - just buy into the bidder (normally a listed company as well) and all is sorted ..."
    A lot can happen following a takeover including diluting earnings growth,debt, company gearing etc
    PLUS change the companies philosophy & products.Damn HEINZ baked beans & spaghetti are crap compared to the flavor of the old Watties baked beans & spaghetti.Bring back Watties any day!
    Last edited by kiora; 25-11-2018 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    I am not sure that this would be the right choice"As well - just buy into the bidder (normally a listed company as well) and all is sorted ..."
    A lot can happen following a takeover including diluting earnings growth,debt, company gearing etc
    PLUS change the companies philosophy & products.Damn HEINZ baked beans & spaghetti are crap compared to the flavor of the old Watties baked beans & spaghetti.Bring back Watties any day!
    So - what are you proposing - ban takeovers to protect baked beans with spaghetti? Or to only allow takeovers if they are a clear disadvantage for the bidder and the act for endangered canned spaghetties is adhered to? Does not make a lot of sense, doesn't it?

Admittedly no expert on tinned baked beans and spaghetti (sounds revolting to me, no matter which can they are sourced from), but if there is a market for this stuff, than what is stopping any newcomer to create a tastier version ... does not sound like brain surgery to me ; Certainly no reason to stop takeovers ...
    ----