sharetrader
Page 105 of 324 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 3235
    IMO

Quote Originally Posted by hogie View Post

"Let's tax this!"
    Curious as to where you got this quote from, a parrot?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I hear you, im not selling anymore either.
    No way I could buy a company on a PE of ~40 that's growing at ~10% pa. Makes no sense. But here it is at $16 a share and looking back, I sure wish I hadn't sold at $3, $4, $6, $10 ....

I wonder if next year will be greater than 10% growth because the competitor is based in China, which is looking at some serious cost increases. Additionally, as a currency hedge, this could be good.

I'll be buying the dips, though admittedly im carrying a fair bit of cash that would otherwise be invested in stocks.

Correction, the competitor's factory is based in China

Advanced Member

I guess someone now is realising that FPH needs a more realistic SP

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    I guess someone now is realising that FPH needs a more realistic SP
    The rate of increase in NPAT has been trending down over the last few years (27%, 18%, 12%, 10%). Forecast next year increase in NPAT of at least 15%, reversing the trend if it comes to pass. They are a pretty sure bet to increase profit next year. I guess there are not that many companies you could say that for.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    The rate of increase in NPAT has been trending down over the last few years (27%, 18%, 12%, 10%). Forecast next year increase in NPAT of at least 15%, reversing the trend if it comes to pass. They are a pretty sure bet to increase profit next year. I guess there are not that many companies you could say that for.
    It is a great company of that I have no doubt, but I only value it around what analysts value it at, roughly $13 give or take. I would only invest if I had no need for the dividend for about 5-10 years at these figures. I have been proven wrong over the years with the valuation of FPH and a couple of other companies, but I have been correct before on others and sold out at the right time and made good money. At the end of the day we all have different strategies for investing.

FPH is a solid company and not going broke anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    ..... I have been correct before on others and sold out at the right time and made good money. At the end of the day we all have different strategies for investing....
    I find buying shares in great companies at a cheap price relatively easy. There are always bargains around the corner if you are patient enough. I have more problem selling. I usually start selling too early. Also, I can never bring myself to sell completely out of a company I like, no matter what the price. Logically, FPH is over priced and has been for years but it will stay in my portfolio until I lose interest in the company no matter what the price.

Guru

Maybe being priced like a bond but with good chance of an increase in capital value and dividend over time

Advanced Member

Will she break the below $15 today????

Not today
    Last edited by Ggcc; 29-05-2019 at 04:33 PM.