sharetrader
Page 127 of 324 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 3235

With the recent high volume of shares traded average $25m to 30m a day, FPH is a good trading share which is quite volatile. One can make a tidy profit any day by buying low and sell high

Do you think that Mexico's lockdown is not stopping production for FPH? I wonder if the Auckland factory opening is a sign that they are reducing risk?
    Last edited by Lewylewylewy; 02-05-2020 at 06:58 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    Do you think that Mexico's lockdown is not stopping production for FPH? I wonder if the Auckland factory opening is a sign that they are reducing risk?
    Re Mexico who knows but no word of it stopping production.
    Auckland factory has been on the plan pre Covid so not around the risk of Covid
    More likely around spreading risk of trade disruptions Mexico/USA ?
    So Mexico production goes elsewhere ,NZ goes to USA if I remember rightly. Ridiculous hugh

Advanced Member

Deleted due to duplication
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 04-05-2020 at 07:01 AM.

Advanced Member

Wow, story going around the World at moment CNN, Daily Mail etc, about how a man saved his Covad stricken father's life (after he had been given up on & sent home from hospital with doctors saying his lungs would collapse if put on a Ventilator due to the poor condition of his lungs & the pressure from the Ventilator ) by using the gentle oxygen flow of a CPAP Sleep Apnea machine to ease his breathing.
    Not sure if it was one of FPH's but they make the gold standard in these.
    It quotes Warrington Hospital & a few others as achieving amazing results using these specifically for this purpose. But theres still only a few hospitals in the NHS with them.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pital-die.html

Dilettante

Sure is very interesting reading Blue Skies. Could be a boost for FPH :-)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Wow, story going around the World at moment CNN, Daily Mail etc, about how a man saved his Covad stricken father's life (after he had been given up on & sent home from hospital with doctors saying his lungs would collapse if put on a Ventilator due to the poor condition of his lungs & the pressure from the Ventilator ) by using the gentle oxygen flow of a CPAP Sleep Apnea machine to ease his breathing.
    Not sure if it was one of FPH's but they make the gold standard in these.
    It quotes Warrington Hospital & a few others as achieving amazing results using these specifically for this purpose. But theres still only a few hospitals in the NHS with them.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pital-die.html
    Old news but
    From what I read better than ventilators that damage fragile lungs infected with Coronavirus
    "https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12324425

"Generally speaking, 40 per cent to 50 per cent of patients with severe respiratory distress die while on ventilators, experts say. But 80 per cent or more of coronavirus patients placed on the machines in New York City have died, state and city officials say.

Higher-than-normal death rates also have been reported elsewhere in the United States, said Dr. Albert Rizzo, the American Lung Association's chief medical officer.

Similar reports have emerged from China and the United Kingdom. One UK report put the figure at 66 per cent. A very small study in Wuhan, the Chinese city where the disease first emerged, said 86 per cent died."
    "But increasingly, physicians are trying other measures first. One is having patients lie in different positions — including on their stomachs — to allow different parts of the lung to aerate better. Another is giving patients more oxygen through nose tubes or other devices. Some doctors are experimenting with adding nitric oxide to the mix, to help improve blood flow and oxygen to the least damaged parts of the lungs."
    Last edited by kiora; 04-05-2020 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Mid point of upgraded forecast is $265m after tax = 46.1 cps and at today's closing price this puts FPH on a PE for the year ended 31/3/2020 of 61.5
    eps last year was 40.62 cps so growth rate for 2020 = 46.1 / 40.62 = 13.5%

If we zoom out and use the ol Ben Graham model of a zero growth PE of 8.5 (call that 11.5 because risk free rate is 1%, was 4% in his day) = 2g I see a fair PE of 11.5 + (2 x 13.5) = 38.5.

Looks expensive but then again it always has and probably always will be. Nice uptrend on the chart...a rare thing on the NZX at present. Existing holders should probably ignore the expensive FA and ride the TA uptrend until the bend in the end. GLTH.
    Recently I suggested a fair forward PE for FPH was about 2/3 rd's of what the market is according it, suggesting the shares are about 50% higher than they should be.
    It seems Forsyth Barr agree and have a target price 12 months hence of $18.50. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12331228
    I don't follow closely but I have never understood why the market accords FPH a PE so far in advance of what would appear to be warranted by their moderate growth rate.
    I don't invest where value is vastly removed from where I see it so will stay out.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Recently I suggested a fair forward PE for FPH was about 2/3 rd's of what the market is according it, suggesting the shares are about 50% higher than they should be.
    It seems Forsyth Barr agree and have a target price 12 months hence of $18.50. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12331228
    I don't follow closely but I have never understood why the market accords FPH a PE so far in advance of what would appear to be warranted by their moderate growth rate.
    I don't invest where value is vastly removed from where I see it so will stay out.
    I don’t rate Forsythe Barr at all.

sorry ..couldn’t resist saying that
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I don’t rate Forsythe Barr at all.

sorry ..couldn’t resist saying that
    LOL You know I don't either. They always seem to be followers rather than leaders. Always following someone, this time possibly me lol
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine