sharetrader
Page 131 of 324 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 3235

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    That 37% increase in profit look pretty darn exciting to me, when you consider ('beginning January the demand for our ..... accelerated in a way that has been unprecedented ') Covid-19 pandemic only impacted the final few months of the financial year.

Imagine if they had been fully geared up to meet the increased demand and it reflected 12 month result.
    No need to imagine, we'll see that this coming year!

As some of us here predicted, as a result of the Covid pandemic there will be an ongoing massive demand for their devices and consumables in the coming years.
    It is just - everything in live is cyclical ... and so are pandemics. Just when you are fully geared up to sell all the stuff you want to fight it, then the virus will have run its path anyway and just disappears.

Enjoy the sun while it shines, but better don't expect the sun to continue shining for years to come. The FPH trend will return to the medium - as any other trend does as well. Question is just - will SP drop significantly, or will the SP have another looong plateau (with some ripples) as the one between 2002 and 2014?

Attachment 11729

Actually - interesting to look at the long term trend. Obviously - FPH was always the greatest of all possible companies, but still ... waiting for more than a decade for the SP to appreciate (from 2001 / 2002) is longer than I would want to wait as long term investor. Anyway - history never repeats, they say ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Excellent result and outlook. Will it exceed the market's already very lofty expectations ?

Thanks BP, you've added some very valuable perspective to this.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Dilettante

Another good result from this great NZ company. Should be in any longterm portfolio

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Another good result from this great NZ company. Should be in any longterm portfolio
    Amazingly for our current times, a nice increase in dividend too and even then they were being cautious.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    It is just - everything in live is cyclical ... and so are pandemics. Just when you are fully geared up to sell all the stuff you want to fight it, then the virus will have run its path anyway and just disappears.

Enjoy the sun while it shines, but better don't expect the sun to continue shining for years to come. The FPH trend will return to the medium - as any other trend does as well. Question is just - will SP drop significantly, or will the SP have another looong plateau (with some ripples) as the one between 2002 and 2014?

Attachment 11729

Actually - interesting to look at the long term trend. Obviously - FPH was always the greatest of all possible companies, but still ... waiting for more than a decade for the SP to appreciate (from 2001 / 2002) is longer than I would want to wait as long term investor. Anyway - history never repeats, they say ...
    Ah here's old Mr Downramper back. You got it wrong at $12 so why don't you please move along to another thread. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by share4eva View Post
    Ah here's old Mr Downramper back. You got it wrong at $12 so why don't you please move along to another thread. Cheers
    The value in this forum is definitely the range of opinions. Just like in real life.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sam green View Post
    The value in this forum is definitely the range of opinions. Just like in real life.
    He couldn't help himself could he??!!. Nothing positive, all negative. I really despise people like that

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I love this company. I sold some down at $16 and wish I had kept it all. Woulda coulda shoulda
    Still, I am happy to have a decent chunk of shares in FPH and I am keeping the rest!

Guru

Lucky holders, be aware in a few years time if the US dollar finally tanks... the PE on this will determine its direction. Remember the last time the USD looked like it would tank. The volumns were huge. This was some time ago of course those of use who thought QE would tank the USD were wrong... still made a few of this at the time ..

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    I love this company. I sold some down at $16 and wish I had kept it all. Woulda coulda shoulda
    Still, I am happy to have a decent chunk of shares in FPH and I am keeping the rest!
    Fair enough, tango. I'm in FPH too, in a modest way. But don't fall in love with the company - or any others - it's a sure way to blind oneself to reality!