sharetrader
Page 133 of 324 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 3235

Quote Originally Posted by share4eva View Post
    I did write an email to myself and congratulated myself for buying FPH at $2.77. Profit now over $100k. Yay me!
    Congratulations. FPH are an exceptional company. I've been regularly selling shares in it since about 2012 and it still somehow manages to rise towards the top of my portfolio in value, very frustrating. Even exceptional companies can be poor investments though and posters who point out their view on the investment value of a company are not "down-rampers" or "up-rampers" they are expressing their views as part of the debate in the forum.

I'm sorry. I'll stop now. Cheers.

Actually just one more thing. Your downramping this morning appears to be working guys so well done! You must all be so proud
    Don’t stop now mate ...I love hearing success stories and want to follow you making your next hundred grand.

Any other good tips
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Don’t stop now mate ...I love hearing success stories and want to follow you making your next hundred grand.

Any other good tips
    My only success in the last 20 years, so please don't follow any of my tips!

Guru

I did write an email to myself and congratulated myself for buying FPH at $2.77. Profit now over $100k. Yay me!
    I am not sure why you “despise” people for holding a different opinion of a stock, from which you have done so well. To me, it sounds like energy wasted and a misplaced emotion. My broker was critical of this stock and advised selling it back when it was about $8. I did not and do not despise them for that. I did reduce my holding when it reached $15.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 29-06-2020 at 02:36 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I am not sure why you “despise” people for holding a different opinion of a stock, from which you have done so well. To me, it sounds like energy wasted and a misplaced emotion. My broker was critical of this stock and advised selling it back when it was about $8. I did not and do not despise them for that. I did reduce my holding when it reached $15.
    Your broker is obviously an idiot.

Guru

Humans make mistakes and sometimes often regardless of their prior experience. It's more on the computer side and maths people who don't make their stuff public which you need to be aware. Selling down a bit & will buy back in on any weakness. great long term outlook I think.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 29-06-2020 at 09:08 PM.

Only with the benefit of hindsight. I'm not a holder and never have been, but I would be cautious about assuming that the temporary coronavirus stimulus is the new normal for FPH. If an effective vaccine comes along in the next year or two that will slow things down again. Certainly don't assume that this high growth rate will continue on into the future.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Now, let's not let the FPH thread develop into the sort of slanging match that we see too often on Sharetrader.

Agreed. Important to hear different views and very clear FPH is very expensive right now on any measure. But it has been for a long time and is a great company consistently doing very well.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    It is just - everything in live is cyclical ... and so are pandemics. Just when you are fully geared up to sell all the stuff you want to fight it, then the virus will have run its path anyway and just disappears.

Enjoy the sun while it shines, but better don't expect the sun to continue shining for years to come. The FPH trend will return to the medium - as any other trend does as well. Question is just - will SP drop significantly, or will the SP have another looong plateau (with some ripples) as the one between 2002 and 2014?

Attachment 11729

Actually - interesting to look at the long term trend. Obviously - FPH was always the greatest of all possible companies, but still ... waiting for more than a decade for the SP to appreciate (from 2001 / 2002) is longer than I would want to wait as long term investor. Anyway - history never repeats, they say ...

That's not the way I see it.
    We often hear perhaps to reassure ourselves, that everything in life is cyclical. But I don't think that's some sort of universal truth.
    While some things definitely are cyclical, others are accelerating , while others diminish & eventually vanish.

The way I see it, healthcare around the world is accelerating & will continue to do so, driven by the worlds population increase and the huge numbers of people being lifted out of poverty into the 'middle classes' with their corresponding expectations of access to better healthcare.
    In the general population in the US but also other Western nations we are seeing increasing numbers of people requiring CPAP devices due to health issues like obesity, and there doesn't seem to be any political will to halt or even slow this trend down.

When we add the effects of the Covid pandemic into this, we are currently looking at a figure of 10 million cases & increasing, with a percentage of these people sustaining life long damage to their lungs.
    Although hopefully Covid-19 will be eliminated either by a vaccine or just burning itself out, we now know for certain we must prepare for future Coronavirus epidemics as Covid-19 is just 1 in a list of several (SARS, MERS, H1N1, H5N1 ) since 2003.

So my view is the demand for FPH's medical devices will continue to increase, even after a vaccine is developed and eventually enough of the world's population is vaccinated to wipe it out.

Disc, long term holder.

Guru

With hindsight maybe it becomes obvious? Idiots are not necessarily despicable.