sharetrader
Page 140 of 324 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190240 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 3235
    Investments

I am surprised its competitor or similar business company is up 3% in USA Res Med ( RMD ) ..where as our poor FPH is down 8% ...seems like pretty imbalanced reaction ...if selling on Vaccine news then should sell Ventilator making company too ...

Maybe thats what called markets and value of being USA listed and US company .

Even ozzies are doing the same ...following USA markets taking RMD to new highs and FPH to dumps !!!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    I am surprised its competitor or similar business company is up 3% in USA Res Med ( RMD ) ..where as our poor FPH is down 8% ...seems like pretty imbalanced reaction ...if selling on Vaccine news then should sell Ventilator making company too ...

Maybe thats what called markets and value of being USA listed and US company .

Even ozzies are doing the same ...following USA markets taking RMD to new highs and FPH to dumps !!!
    It is more that people saw it as a safe harbour, one of the few, apart from the power companies. Now the vaccine is coming some other sectors are derisked so there will be rotation into them as they have more room to rise

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    It is more that people saw it as a safe harbour, one of the few, apart from the power companies. Now the vaccine is coming some other sectors are derisked so there will be rotation into them as they have more room to rise
    Logic of selling FPH I understand . But not doing the same to similar company like Res Med I dont understand ...that was the point I was trying to make ...

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Logic of selling FPH I understand . But not doing the same to similar company like Res Med I dont understand ...that was the point I was trying to make ...
    Yeah but the NZ exchange is very small so all the eggs are in the one basket, but I get your point, for example EBOS is not down today.

Investments

For me FPH is a hold still ...need to look beyond todays price action and look forward to 25th Nov for half yearly results and future guidance

That should wake up the markets to its future potential ...lol

Advanced Member

FPH def a hold for me too & any weakness a buying opportunity.
    Health is the number 1 priority now for govt's around the world & with over 50 million cases, 15% of which classified as severe, that's 7.5 million people who are likely to have chronic lifetime respiratory issues, added to the rapidly growing numbers of people prior to the pandemic who needed assistance, demand for these sorts of respiratory products and their consumables is not going to be satiated any time soon, not even scratch the surface.
    And that's assuming this vaccine works, no bad side effects, the virus doesn't mutate, everybody gets vaccinated, and no new respiratory virus comes along (which they have been on average every 10 years).

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Health is the number 1 priority now for govt's around the world & with over 50 million cases, 15% of which classified as severe, that's 7.5 million people who are likely to have chronic lifetime respiratory issues, added to the rapidly growing numbers of people prior to the pandemic who needed assistance, demand for these sorts of respiratory products and their consumables is not going to be satiated any time soon, not even scratch the surface.
    And that's assuming this vaccine works, no bad side effects, the virus doesn't mutate, everybody gets vaccinated, and no new respiratory virus comes along (which they have been on average every 10 years).
    Fully agree with your views .

Happy to hold . Very happy with its management and balance sheet

It has very ambitious growth plans of increasing capacity by 70% in next two years ...U dont do that if u dont see demand .

$ 50 price target in next 24 months ...my humble call ...lol

Veteran novice

[QUOTE]FPH def a hold for me too & any weakness a buying opportunity. [QUOTE]

Is a 10% drop enough of a weakness? It is for me, I've bought a few more today.

[QUOTE=macduffy;855741][QUOTE]FPH def a hold for me too & any weakness a buying opportunity.

Is a 10% drop enough of a weakness? It is for me, I've bought a few more today.
    At such massive multiples how is a 10% drop creating a buy opportunity? Is it growing fast enough to justify the PE ratio?

[QUOTE=Checkmate;855751][QUOTE=macduffy;855741]
    At such massive multiples how is a 10% drop creating a buy opportunity? Is it growing fast enough to justify the PE ratio?
    Agreed, massively overvalued at the moment. Would be a buy around $16 for myself.

Lunch money interview with the CEO suggested sales would decline significantly after COVID due to surplus of ventilator machines in the hospitals. They do have consumables however and other products not influenced from COVID for example sleep apnea machines