sharetrader
Page 141 of 324 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 3235
    Advanced Member

[QUOTE=Checkmate;855751][QUOTE=macduffy;855741]
    FPH def a hold for me too & any weakness a buying opportunity.
    At such massive multiples how is a 10% drop creating a buy opportunity? Is it growing fast enough to justify the PE ratio?
    Yeah this is it. Back in March I bought at 28.00 and even then they were considered very expensive fundamentally. Since then they have had a covid push, based on them doing unspecified things with covid patients. Now covid ending maybe it will go back to around that 28 dollar mark. That is if Covid really is ending

Love how the media are going crazy and Megan woods promising we’ll all have the vaccine ASAP... it’s a non complete phase 3... yes safety profile is ok... but we aren’t seeing end of COVID for a very long time

Today’s drop was compounded by the US $ falling. (Resumed not affected)
    FPH were 31.50 a few months ago, US dollar and vaccine worries.
    The Pfizer vaccine is miles away from emergency approval and works 90% of the time (premature press release to boost their share price) it’s not a cure all and maybe of no use to the 2% who are badly affected.

On the upside if there is a vaccine, sales of the sleep apnea equipment will climb, as those clients won’t be dying early from the virus.
    Last edited by alex f; 10-11-2020 at 06:28 PM.

2 weeks Friday until the half year release.

Quote Originally Posted by alex f View Post
    The Pfizer vaccine is miles away from emergency approval and works 90% of the time (premature press release to boost their share price) it’s not a cure all and maybe of no use to the 2% who are badly affected.

On the upside if there is a vaccine, sales of the sleep apnea equipment will climb, as those clients won’t be dying early from the virus.
    I read somewhere that WHO will back a vaccine with more than 50-60% accuracy so I think 90% is pretty bloody good.

Expensive for me as feel covid-19 coming to an end but would dip my toes in around $24
    Last edited by dreamcatcher; 10-11-2020 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alex f View Post
    This is a completely uninformed comment.

90% is a stunning result. We only need to slow transmission of the virus to push R to 0. Get 50-60% of the population immunized and it will die out on its own.

What's more, other vaccines uses the same approach/technology as the Pfizer vaccine.

FPH will do well long term but the end of the COVID gravy is in sight.

Investments

Agree that covid boost for FPH will not last for long ...in next 3-6 months it will taper off

But FPH otherwise also is good quality stock and was doing pretty well before covid also

Either it will under perform for some time to absorb covid boost or correct sharply to come in line with its historic track of 20% earnings growth instead of 50% at present ...today half the correction done ...other half will be sideways movement for next 6 months ...most likely

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    Expensive for me as feel covid-19 coming to an end but would dip my toes in around $24
    MFT a transport / logistics company trading at 36 PE ...

FPH is around 45 forward PE ..agree with some help from covid boost

FPH is in fast growing healthcare sector with world renowned products and innovations ( spending 10% on R&D )

MFT enjoys high PE as its a steady performer with excellent track record having great management .

Similarly FPH is number 1 NZ company providing best in all departments for a share holder ...reasons for it being most valued company of NZ

So in nutshell ...it is not that expensive in todays 1% deposit rates for 5 years terms ...lol

On 25th Nov it will report the best results of its life so far ...may not be achieved or surpassed in near future ( agree the help from covid waning )

I still have faith in the quality company to perform well even in the covid free world eventually and God willing

Veteran novice

I still have faith in the quality company to perform well even in the covid free world eventually and God willing
    Yes, it did pre-covid - and will continue to do so post-covid.