sharetrader
Page 143 of 324 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 3235
    Investments

FPH results forecast challenge ...

My estimates ...900 mil revenue / 215 mil NP

Updated Guidance 1.8 Bil sales with 425-440 mil NP

Guys help all with your estimates please

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    FPH results forecast challenge ...

My estimates ...900 mil revenue / 215 mil NP

Updated Guidance 1.8 Bil sales with 425-440 mil NP

Guys help all with your estimates please
    "Estimates" without workings are just guesses. Please show workings.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Nothing stopping you borrowing money to buy FPH as long as you have some spare equity in property to leverage against. Dividends not too dissimilar to net rental income and no hassle with unscrupulous tenants ��
    I did pose the question to my bank manager a few months back...can I borrow some dough against the house to buy OCA shares? At that time they were about 80 cents...what a great return that would have been. Unfortunately they didn't like the concept despite us having plenty of equity in the house. Meanwhile they're more than happy to throw money at us to buy a rental... Still, I guess things were looking pretty scary for banks a few months ago.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    I did pose the question to my bank manager a few months back...can I borrow some dough against the house to buy OCA shares? At that time they were about 80 cents...what a great return that would have been. Unfortunately they didn't like the concept despite us having plenty of equity in the house. Meanwhile they're more than happy to throw money at us to buy a rental... Still, I guess things were looking pretty scary for banks a few months ago.
    Maybe you should have told him it was for renovations, bet he would have given it to you.......

And how dumb is that ?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    Same thing happened to someone else I know who has $3-5 million in shares and wanted to borrow $100,000 against his house on OCA as well at 65 cents. The bank said no, as shares are not classed as reliable assets. In the bank’s defence it was right in middle of lockdown.

Guru

And therein lies a problem with the distorted NZ financial system. Banks would rather lend on non productive assets.
    Why ? because of their own self interest to inflate the housing market so they can lend out more money to "investors" grrrrh !!!

Just get a margin account then you don't even need the conversation

Or a revolving credit account

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    The SP was once far > ATM,then less and now back to worth more.
    SP is correlated to $ US/NZ ? recently

Steady up tick in TO,net profit & good margins.
    Aim to double every 5 years

Someone caught short today?
    Up $0.94,6.2%
    Posted 28-08-2019, 02:00 PM

Just over a year ago ATM SP higher than FPH
    ATM still pumping out the cash
    What will improve the ATM SP?

Maybe a dividend or 2 from ATM could help considerably?

Investments

Looking for views about FPH prospects ahead .

What part of Covid recovery is priced in ? How much more it need to correct to become attractive again if Covid recovery theme is fully discounted ?

Or this Covid situation will keep helping it longer then market thinking at the moment .

SP keeps coming down inspite of its best results ever to be announced are just round the corner ...so need help in trying to understand what's happening

Market expecting it to lower full year guidance or say something negative about future due to vaccine news ?