sharetrader
Page 161 of 324 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211261 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 3235

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Baby getting thrown with water is the story here ...so let it go where it goes ...finally people will see extreme value when results come in May ...maybe opposite of ATM will happen then up 20% ...
    Well, well, they just touched the MA400 - this does not yet sound like babies being hurt. FPH always commanded a huge premium for being a quality company, maybe market just reviewing this premium? On a PE + growth basis they still are not cheap ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Well, well, they just touched the MA400 - this does not yet sound like babies being hurt. FPH always commanded a huge premium for being a quality company, maybe market just reviewing this premium? On a PE + growth basis they still are not cheap ...
    Might even get an abandoned baby candle pattern ...if a bearish one ..well shucks
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    If u see historic PE values of FPH then u will find its at its most attractive levels since last 5 years or so ...This year maybe a covid boost but regular EPS growth of 20% will come back after that ( surely after correcting from covid boost point ) ....last year was 50 cents eps and SP was $ 25 pre covid time ....this year eps maybe 92 cents ....next year it will be around 80 cents so at healthcare industry PE of 45 it should be around 36-38 after this year May results

High NZD is making it unattractive to foreign funds ...not because it effects FPH profits that much but it effects their actual returns on investments in NZD

Also keep in mind NZX overall PE has almost doubled from historic levels ...MFT is at 38 PE while FPH is still below its historic levels
    Last edited by alokdhir; 26-02-2021 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    If u see historic PE values of FPH then u will find its at its most attractive levels since last 5 years or so ...This year maybe a covid boost but regular EPS growth of 20% will come back after that ( surely after correcting from covid boost point ) ....last year was 50 cents eps and SP was $ 25 pre covid time ....this year eps maybe 92 cents ....next year it will be around 80 cents so at healthcare industry PE of 45 it should be around 36-38 after this year May results

High NZD is making it unattractive to foreign funds ...not because it effects FPH profits that much but it effects their actual returns on investments in NZD

Also keep in mind NZX overall PE has almost doubled from historic levels ...MFT is at 38 PE while FPH is still below its historic levels
    I agree.

- Overseas funds able to sell at these levels with strong nz$
    - Dramatic drop in covid cases thanks to vaccine is seeing funds leave healthcare and move to tourism related stocks etc
    - NZX10 index in general has been sold off big in the last month

Interesting to see a nice little bounce today back into $29.

If you are into this stock you cant go wrong accumulating at these levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    I agree.

- Overseas funds able to sell at these levels with strong nz$
    - Dramatic drop in covid cases thanks to vaccine is seeing funds leave healthcare and move to tourism related stocks etc
    - NZX10 index in general has been sold off big in the last month

Interesting to see a nice little bounce today back into $29.

If you are into this stock you cant go wrong accumulating at these levels.
    Agree all that, mostly, but when to time your buy-in...?

To coin that old saw, 'beware trying to catch a falling knife'.

I know it's Friday close, but after almost 1.5M shares traded today, only 5k shares remain bid at the $28.xx level v's 100k ask at the $29.xx level, implying a bit of suck remains for Monday open.

I'm game to acquire a small holding in FPH - it's a share I've been keeping an eye on - but it still looks pricey, both TA-wise (support at the $27 level? Maybe?) and EPS-wise.

Without reading through this whole thread, any ideas why the divi has not kept pace with the company's covid-related explosion in sales/profits...?

Investments

With NZD sliding 2% vs USD last night ...FPH may look to extend its bounce next week ....$31 is the breakdown level so testing that very distinct possibility

World markets have become very choppy as no clear themes anymore ...opinion divided on many main issues ...Vaccine will make life normal soon theme vs Long protracted battle with Covid ...etc etc ...

Bond yields rising so fast is troubling growth stocks ...Inflation fears etc etc

My advise to myself ...keep calm and stay invested in your portfolio of FPH / MFT / KFL / NZG ...with small tinkering with weightage

Trying to get too smart in these times can be very dangerous ...also trying to time the market to perfection is Mission Impossible !!

I'll beat whoever it is that tells us this ....but exports of respiratory equipment were up $32m or 86% in January v pcp

Pretty slak month dollarwise but it was xmas break and maybe not enough boats
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I'll beat whoever it is that tells us this ....but exports of respiratory equipment were up $32m or 86% in January v pcp

Pretty slak month dollarwise but it was xmas break and maybe not enough boats

Oh wow, thanks Winner.
    Just looked this up & yes (on Stat's NZ web site for anyone interested ) exports of respiratory equipment in January, up 86%, Jan 21 v jan 20.
    Sorry can't help repeating that, 86%.
    Next most significant seems to be logs, wood & wood articles up 4.1% & overall exports down 10% just to give some perspective.
    Should provide some reassurance & cheer for anyone having any doubts or worried by last weeks 12% SP drop.

Investments

I checked that information on 26th but kept quite as didn't want to disturb the bears ....lol

Very pleased with my 28.27 lot of yesterday ...think I am getting too greedy as cant help feel this maybe golden opportunity before May results show how well they doing and what they think of next year ...never have seen FPH so undervalued in last 5 years based on its historic valuations and not Morningstars ..

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Oh wow, thanks Winner.
    Just looked this up & yes (on Stat's NZ web site for anyone interested ) exports of respiratory equipment in January, up 86%, Jan 21 v jan 20.
    Sorry can't help repeating that, 86%.
    Next most significant seems to be logs, wood & wood articles up 4.1% & overall exports down 10% just to give some perspective.
    Should provide some reassurance & cheer for anyone having any doubts or worried by last weeks 12% SP drop.
    Isn't this comparing apples with grapefruit?

Exports of respiratory equipment up 86% over one year, and hey, who talked in January 2020 about Covid? Obviously - this will be the most outrageous growth number in a long time to come ...

FPH share price in the same timeframe (peak Jan 20 to peak Jan 21) up by 52%.

Pretty stiff rise given that SP normally does not rise linear with output / revenue. I wonder how much future growth expectations are baked into this share price and how much of that the company will be able to deliver?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)