sharetrader
Page 166 of 324 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216266 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 3235

Bet it doesn’t, bet it's in the health downtrend.

Flip a coin with FPH.. Just depends on which whale is buying or selling. Could be up 2-4% or down 2-4%.
    Or could do what it did the other day and go down 4% only to finish up 4%

Either way looks like $28 might hold.

Jumped on board at $27.55 the other day.
    I was reading today in a book about the prospect of a future/current "depression" after covid in the USA and never realised that ventilators are causing more deaths in covid due to patients needing more oxygen delivering devices and not an extra lung to combat the respiratory impact.
    Knowing that FPH doesn't make ventilators but ventilation, humidifiers and respiratory masks that help with soft breathing makes me feel more positive about my investment, all eyes on the 31st of March.

Quote Originally Posted by LEMON View Post
    Jumped on board at $27.55 the other day.
    I was reading today in a book about the prospect of a future/current "depression" after covid in the USA and never realised that ventilators are causing more deaths in covid due to patients needing more oxygen delivering devices and not an extra lung to combat the respiratory impact.
    Knowing that FPH doesn't make ventilators but ventilation, humidifiers and respiratory masks that help with soft breathing makes me feel more positive about my investment, all eyes on the 31st of March.
    Great price! Well done.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Flip a coin with FPH.. Just depends on which whale is buying or selling. Could be up 2-4% or down 2-4%.
    Or could do what it did the other day and go down 4% only to finish up 4%

Either way looks like $28 might hold.
    Close over 29.71 will confirm that short term trend has reversed ....

LTH no need worry at all as its bluest chip of NZX ..." Time in the market will decide returns here not timing " in 3-5 years time current SP will be immaterial like 3-5 years back prices now look so far away !!

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Close over 29.71 will confirm that short term trend has reversed ....

LTH no need worry at all as its bluest chip of NZX ..." Time in the market will decide returns here not timing " in 3-5 years time current SP will be immaterial like 3-5 years back prices now look so far away !!

Also managed to snaffle some at $27.50 as my travels and dodgy internet allow. My DCA looking good given I’m a late starter in this one. Happy to have this in the portfolio as a long term hold..
    Last edited by Leftfield; 12-03-2021 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Also managed to snaffle some at $27.50 as my travels and dodgy internet allow. My DCA looking good given I’m a late starter in this one. Happy to have this in the portfolio as a long term hold..
    Well done. $27.50- $28.50 good DCA hunting ground imo

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post

Lucky buddy ...27.50 is great price for this quality company ...so well done

Investments

As we all know Covid hospitalisations effect FPH revenues in a big way so I did a fact check on whats going on that side ...

Appox total covid patients in hospitals on 1st Oct 2020 = 60000

On 7th Jan peaked at 290000

latest on 6th March = 135000

So its still double of 1st Oct numbers but coming down fast as lock downs and other preventive measures used extensively . Vaccines will start having effect little later maybe another 3-6 months as numbers of vaccinated people go significantly higher

Biggest contribution is of USA , UK , France &Italy and now Poland and many others smaller countries rising up as bigger countries going down

Though numbers are down big time from Jan peak but still well north of 100K Covid patients

If we keep track of this numbers we will know positive effect of vaccines in real time

Source covid-hospitalizations

Conclusion from FPH point of view ....Covid may directly help its revenues in FY 22 also unlike markets perceptions ...Indirect effects and other lasting positives will last forever in future so good prospects of it getting rerated upwards sooner then latter
    Last edited by alokdhir; 14-03-2021 at 10:08 AM.