sharetrader
Page 168 of 324 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178218268 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 3235
    Investments

I am surprised that its 22nd March and FPH has still not formally updated its current year Guide

I know they said in Jan that cant predict well but now nothing much left to predict ...surely they can update the market what they now see full year earnings !!!

Not very FPH like behaviour ....normally they are very investor friendly company with prompt continuous disclosures of all important aspects ...

Exports of respiratory equipment from NZ only up 30% in February .....slowing?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

would think significant volumes move from overseas production sites too...
    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Its after Covid effect had already started from last Feb . They came with two profit upgrades last year in Feb and March ...China was big buyer in Feb last year due to Covid in China .

So this 30 % up on last Feb which had covid boost built into it somewhat is still not too bad IMHO

I haven't seen any NZ made mask (in bulk) and I doubt that Asia would be buying our mask due to cost and their own ramped up prodution capabilities. I personally consider this share price a bit inflated, similar to AIA.

Investments

[QUOTE=mikelee;877652]I haven't seen any NZ made mask (in bulk) and I doubt that Asia would be buying our mask due to cost and their own ramped up prodution capabilities. I personally consider this share price a bit inflated, similar to AIA.[/QUOTE

21/2/2020, 9:00 am
    MKTUPDTE
    News Release
    STOCK EXCHANGE LISTINGS: NEW ZEALAND (FPH), AUSTRALIA (FPH)

Fisher & Paykel Healthcare updates revenue and earnings guidance on stronger Hospital and Homecare sales
    Auckland, New Zealand, 21 February 2020 - Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Corporation Limited announced today that it has updated its revenue and earnings guidance for the financial year ended 31 March 2020.
    The full year guidance previously provided in November, based on a NZ:US exchange rate of 64 cents, was for operating revenue to be approximately $1.19 billion and net profit after tax to be approximately $255 million to $265 million.
    Now, assuming a NZ:US exchange rate of approximately 64 cents for the balance of the financial year, the company expects full year operating revenue to be approximately $1.2 billion and net profit after tax to be in the range of approximately $260 million to $270 million.
    “We’ve seen better-than-expected sales in our Homecare product group combined with continued strong growth in our Hospital product group. This includes an increase in demand from China related to the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak,” said Lewis Gradon, Managing Director and CEO.

Company talking about increased demand from China for their HFN therapy hospital equipment and other consumables used in hospitals ....They dont make masks for public use but for hospital use and they are not sold in bulk

Quote Originally Posted by mikelee View Post
    I haven't seen any NZ made mask (in bulk) and I doubt that Asia would be buying our mask due to cost and their own ramped up prodution capabilities. I personally consider this share price a bit inflated, similar to AIA.
    With all due respect - do you know what you are talking about? FPH certainly is not a producer of facemasks ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Outside thinking.

FPH TA looking good. Climbing from recent dip.
    My best recent buy was $27.30. Happy to be on board and in profit. FPH now 15% of my portfolio.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    FPH TA looking good. Climbing from recent dip.
    My best recent buy was $27.30. Happy to be on board and in profit. FPH now 15% of my portfolio.
    What is your current run TA target ? Me looking at first stop 33.25 ...if crosses then bigger jump possible ...maybe too early for that ...but looking good after scary early march ...

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    What is your current run TA target ? Me looking at first stop 33.25 ...if crosses then bigger jump possible ...maybe too early for that ...but looking good after scary early march ...
    Scary early March was a good buying opportunity I didn’t think would happen but happy it did.

Agree around 32 is short term resistance so happy if it continues north of this.

That said it’s where it will be in 2 to 5 yrs that interests me.