sharetrader
Page 173 of 324 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 3235
    Investments

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Not that far off consensus so no worries

EPS of 90 cents puts it on a PE of just 40 ---- not expensive

And more growth to come in F22
    Did some more research over consensus estimates over various websites and found them to looking for 2037mil to 2074 mil revenue with NPAT of 535 to 558 mil

So agree with u that my best estimate is only 75 mil short on revenue which is within my estimation error ...after all I just estimating their full year revenues from NZ export figures ...co relations could have changed etc in this Covid year

Also I kept NPAT %age same but analysis's have increased it up to 2% keeping in view higher revenues .

So 540 Mil NPAT and 2B revenue is very possible ...fingers crossed

DOES ANYONE HAS ACCESS TO CRAIGS FPH REPORTS ?? They are following it most closely and its in their Broker's pick also for this year .
    If anyone can share their latest report on FPH ...it will be very informative for us holders

Me old mate BlackPeter mentioned 'sustainably exponential development of the share price' ..... implying the end of the rise is near

He should know better and use log scales when talking about exponentially

Share price seems rather flat to me
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

The log scale FPH chart does support BlackPeter's claim of an awful lot of resistance at $38

Guru

Craigs
    85% sales consumables
    NPAT
    21 -$ 526m,90-95cps
    22- $ 410m,70 cps hopefully a bit light
    Future growth from transitioning hospital products more towards noninvasive ventilation from invasive ventilation

I would think exchange rates have a reasonable effect on NPAT ?
    Last edited by kiora; 02-05-2021 at 09:40 AM.

You and your backward PEs
    As long as you are comparing apples with apples it makes a lot of sense to look at them. They tell you a lot about the historic performance of a company vs its price. Forward PE's on the other hand only tell you about the phantasies of some financial analyst analyst. If I am assessing companies I know which of these inputs I prefer :

that sell in may stuff ....isn't it a seasonal thing ..... for this part of the world its buy in May and enjoy the ride
    True ... however - our markets do have a tendency to follow the northern hemisphere markets - has something to do with gravitational forces : Anyway - I admit, I found the saying in the past as reliable (but not more) than the consensus forecasts of our best analysts ; Sometimes they are right and sometimes they are wrong.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Investments

The log scale FPH chart does support BlackPeter's claim of an awful lot of resistance at $38
    $ 38 has been standing since last August ...it will be conquered sometime as FPH is a growing company , maturing into a NZ bluechip like MFT ...

So its only a question of time not otherwise IMHO

Though I expect $ 38 to be crossed in this quarter ...after its crossed ...breakout will lead it to 42.50 levels fast ...thats the place to get out if anyone eager to sell such a bluechip

Some stocks like FPH/ MFT suit better to hold and not trade ...but some like ATM suit better to trade ...IMHO

Here I know and agree that it has moved fast in last 2-3 years and needs to consolidate but still a hold as it pays dividend also which is higher rate then 5year Term Deposit

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Craigs
    85% sales consumables
    NPAT
    21 -$ 526m,90-95cps
    22- $ 410m,70 cps hopefully a bit light
    Future growth from transitioning hospital products more towards noninvasive ventilation from invasive ventilation

I would think exchange rates have a reasonable effect on NPAT ?
    F21 526m and then a 22% drop in earnings to 410m in F22

Wonder how market will react to a 20% drop in earnings (if it eventuates)

FPH might do an A2 .....market darling becoming an ugly duckling as it gets rerated.

Hope not but market can be pretty fickle when high fliers on high multiples see growth slowing.
    Last edited by winner69; 02-05-2021 at 02:30 PM.

Guru

Haha W69
    You keep painting short term scenario?

Long term (10 yr+)highly likely FPH will keep growing at 15% compounding and will not be dependent on coronavirus

https://www.marketscreener.com/quote...30/financials/

I remember 20 years ago when F&P split into two.

Everybody wanted to keep their Appliance shares and hock off their Healthcare ones because they didn’t understand the Healthcare business and where the value was

Became a bit of a traders dream share for a while .....I remember almost doubling my money overnight on one trade when things got exciting before things settled down.

Suppose even these days the long term is not appreciated as much as it should be.

The beginning of this thread is interesting

Suppose the title thread is still relevant tday