sharetrader
Page 194 of 324 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244294 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 3235

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    ....583 Mil in 4 months ...not very exciting but next 2-3 months can be booming with USA really ramping up hospitalisations ...Europe is pitching in but not very big numbers as their vaccinations are still more recent then USA's I think worst is over ...Now a new uptrend will start or may have started
    I love your positivity on the ramping up hospitalisations!! I'm interested in increasing my holding but technically it looks a bit over-bought in the short term?

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    .........I'm interested in increasing my holding but technically it looks a bit over-bought in the short term?
    From a TA perspective FPH poised on Golden Cross territory and MACD looking positive, so IMHO more bullish than bearish. Plenty of upside, particularly if you are a long term holder. Quality company which seldom overpromises or underdelivers.

(Disc - Hold )

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    From a TA perspective FPH poised on Golden Cross territory and MACD looking positive, so IMHO more bullish than bearish. Plenty of upside, particularly if you are a long term holder. Quality company which seldom overpromises or underdelivers.

(Disc - Hold )
    I'm not a TA person in any respect but am looking to incorporate it more into buying/selling decisions. RSI indicates short-term over-bought? But certainly long-term upside IMO.

Guru

Near term I would expect it will be about selling more consumables rather than hardware for Covid cases but also
    Now that more hospitals have the hardware to be used more for O2 therapy in other treatments
    Time will tell the level of uptake for the alternative therapies but the sincerity of the FPH team to support Covid therapy should greatly help

Outside thinking.

I'm not a TA person in any respect but am looking to incorporate it more into buying/selling decisions. RSI indicates short-term over-bought? But certainly long-term upside IMO.
    FWIW Biscuit I have found this simple MACD much more predictive for BUY/SELL signals.

In the chart below, back test the MACD and you will see some clear signals. The chart also highlights the recent buying opportunities versus the longer term trend where FPH was seldom below the 90 day MA.

FPH 3 yr MACD PM.jpg

JMHO. Each to his/hers own.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    FWIW Biscuit I have found this simple MACD much more predictive for BUY/SELL signals.

In the chart below, back test the MACD and you will see some clear signals. The chart also highlights the recent buying opportunities versus the longer term trend where FPH was seldom below the 90 day MA.

JMHO. Each to his/hers own.
    Thanks Left Field. As I say, I'm a complete novice to TA. It looks to me like MACD is a bit of a late signal though? By the time its telling you to buy, you've already missed out, at least where a share is cycling up and down like FPH has been. It seems to me, at this point, its as likely to turn back down as to head north?

Investments

Thanks Left Field. As I say, I'm a complete novice to TA. It looks to me like MACD is a bit of a late signal though? By the time its telling you to buy, you've already missed out, at least where a share is cycling up and down like FPH has been. It seems to me, at this point, its as likely to turn back down as to head north?
    Very possible in near future ....but not immediately . Current scenario is too positive for FPH ...Hospitalisations rising....NZD falling ....lockdowns etc

So it will complete its bullish targets in the near term ...then maybe your wish will come true !!

But IMHO though it will go up and down but overall trend is going to be up towards making new highs in the medium term ...so rising lows and higher highs ...buy the dips

Outside thinking.

Thanks Left Field. ... It looks to me like MACD is a bit of a late signal though?
    Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    But IMHO though it will go up and down but overall trend is going to be up towards making new highs in the medium term ...so rising lows and higher highs ...buy the dips
    Exactly. TA is called TREND analysis for a reason. Using it will increase your chances of picking TREND changes.

Another key to look for is BIG SALES VOLUMES around the time of a shift in the direction of the Trend as signalled by MACD etc.

The following charts show trend change signals highlighted, both by changes in MACD trends plus big SALES VOLUME shifts.

You don't need to buy/sell at an exact crossing point, just be aware of the TREND CHANGE SIGNALS.

In the MOV case I bought in at the $1.20 mark (so far so good) In the FPH case most of my buying was around the $30 mark (so far so good.)

MOV 1.jpg

FPH 1.jpg

JMHO - as always DYOR and take responsibility for your own decisions.

Dilettante

A FPH worker from their East Tamaki factory has tested positive. Ina statement this morning a Fisher & Paykel Healthcare spokesperson said they were following established contact tracing processes and had been working with public health authorities to notify anyone who may have had contact with the person.

"Our people have had early access to COVID-19 vaccinations, and we have extensive on-site safety measures, such as rapid saliva testing and Bluetooth contact tracing cards, to minimise the chance of transmission at our facilities."

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    A FPH worker from their East Tamaki factory has tested positive. Ina statement this morning a Fisher & Paykel Healthcare spokesperson said they were following established contact tracing processes and had been working with public health authorities to notify anyone who may have had contact with the person.

"Our people have had early access to COVID-19 vaccinations, and we have extensive on-site safety measures, such as rapid saliva testing and Bluetooth contact tracing cards, to minimise the chance of transmission at our facilities."

In short ...Nothing to worry ....They had early access to Vaccinations but not supermarket workers and Police ...not level playing field IMO