sharetrader
Page 195 of 324 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205245295 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 3235

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    In short ...Nothing to worry ....They had early access to Vaccinations but not supermarket workers and Police ...not level playing field IMO
    I think we all agree that the vaccination rollout has been not just very tardy but the organisation looks more like a dogs breakfast. Of course they should have prioritized all essential workers (including police and supermarket workers - basically anybody who comes during their essential work in contact with the general public).

Having said that - I think there is a point for prioritizing FPH workers as well. The products they make are clearly essential during the current pandemic, we don't want them to shut down production due to a Covid outbreak, do we?.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

And well entrenched risk management plan, it's in their DNA

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I think we all agree that the vaccination rollout has been not just very tardy but the organisation looks more like a dogs breakfast. Of course they should have prioritized all essential workers (including police and supermarket workers - basically anybody who comes during their essential work in contact with the general public).

Having said that - I think there is a point for prioritizing FPH workers as well. The products they make are clearly essential during the current pandemic, we don't want them to shut down production due to a Covid outbreak, do we?.
    Yes I agree ...all essential services which are open today at level 4 should have been prioritised ...FPH do fall in that but many others also who were not !!

Investments

Today at 111576 Critical patients worldwide has crossed previous peak levels of early Jan and its still rising ...as Delta is still spreading very fast .

Though it will help FPH but will hurt humanity

Advanced Member

Of the people I have met. Over 50% have vocalised their distrust in the vaccine. I don’t think it is only the late terrible rollout. Lots of people just don’t want the vaccine, or missing their appointments due to misinformation and herd mentality because their friends shared something on Facebook.

I have heard people were giving vaccinations to randoms at a Napier location who walked past due to people just not turning up and having to throw vaccine if not used. Last count 40 something% of people in Napier were vaccinated just under 30% of Maori in Napier have been vaccinated and mentioned to me by a nurse, they are the most well informed to take up the vaccine. It’s a long hard road for any government pushing this onto people.

I’m getting my second jab on Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Of the people I have met. Over 50% have vocalised their distrust in the vaccine. I don’t think it is only the late terrible rollout. Lots of people just don’t want the vaccine, or missing their appointments due to misinformation and herd mentality because their friends shared something on Facebook.

I have heard people were giving vaccinations to randoms at a Napier location who walked past due to people just not turning up and having to throw vaccine if not used. Last count 40 something% of people in Napier were vaccinated just under 30% of Maori in Napier have been vaccinated and mentioned to me by a nurse, they are the most well informed to take up the vaccine. It’s a long hard road for any government pushing this onto people.

You are right - the poison some brainless idiots spread on social media (unfortunately as well in this forum) clearly does some job. I find it difficult to understand how the antivaxxers can still look in the mirror without the need to vomit ... but than, they seem to be tough people (like weed - hard to root out) and hey, there is other despicable scum able to do that as well.

Having said that - some of them are really just dumb and this is not their fault. Unfortunately humans are genetically disposed to "believe" in things which don't make any sense.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Need to push back here a bit fellas - all “essential’ workers were not the “obvious” targets for priority to get the vaccine first. Essential workers on the border interacting with potential infectious people (MIQ/aircrew/customs/health workers etc) were OBVIOUS, and after that it clearly was the population who were much likely to die if they caught the virus: old people and the immuno-compromised. Supermarket workers are well down the list of people needing priority. Supermarket workers who can be temporary replaced with new staff with a couple of hours training are far down the list of priority. FPH workers, who require much higher level of skill, absolutely are more important priority wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post

I agree. I'm in my early 30's and booked a jab last week at 11.30am for a 2.30pm slot same day. Turned up half an hour early. No lines, very fast. No questions why i was there as my age bracket wasnt due their jab yet. They were happy to take me and to be honest could have done with another 100 people rolling in behind me.

FPH- if someone said they would give you $1m and you had to choose one NZX stock to invest it in (no managed fund like KFL) and couldn't touch it for 20 years it would have to be FPH- surely??? MFT close second. RBD 3rd. HLG 4th because it has stood the test of time already

the poison some brainless idiots
    how can the antivaxxers can still look in the mirror without the need to vomit ..
    other despicable scum

Having said that - some of them are really just dumb and this is not their fault.
    nice that you are so empathetic
    can you please hold back on the vitriol and accept that some people make their own choices using their own logic.
    Last edited by peat; 23-08-2021 at 12:09 PM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    ......FPH- if someone said they would give you $1m and you had to choose one NZX stock to invest it in (no managed fund like KFL) and couldn't touch it for 20 years it would have to be FPH- surely??? MFT close second. RBD 3rd. HLG 4th because it has stood the test of time already
    Would go along with FPH and MFT, but RBD? They don't seem in the same league to me at all. What you like about them? There are other growth companies like DGL I'd go for first.