sharetrader
Page 196 of 324 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246296 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 3235
    Investments

FPH seems to be winding up ...once crossed $ 34 then next stop maybe $ 36 ...just like MFT ...What a move !! $ 92.50

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    nice that you are so empathetic
    can you please hold back on the vitriol and accept that some people make their own choices using their own logic.
    I am empathetic, but not with people who put the society we all live in at risk. Are you empathetic with boy racers, thieves and murderers? See ...

Apart from that - your post doesn't compute ...

"some people make their own choices using their own logic"

I am all for people making their own choices - however, if they choose to endanger others (as the anti vaxxers do) than they should in my view be punished. Not different to e.g. boy racers who put without hesitation the lives of other people at risk.

Regarding "using their own logic". Hmm - just tell us how many different logics there are out there - and can anybody make up their own logic?

The definition of logic:

reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity.
    is inconsistent with your desire to allow any Joe, Dick and Antivaxxer to make up their own logic.

So, really, it is quite easy: either you use above principle and valid facts to argue or alternatively you are just creating your own anti vaxxing religion. Same as the Flat Earth people or other idiots.

Obviously - everybody is allowed to make up their own religion and freedom of religion is even a basic human right. However - it has nothing to do with logic or facts.

The other thing is - most world religions these days try to improve human life and interactions (with varying success). Your Antivaxxer religion however seems mainly focussed on putting both its disciples as well as the society in general at risk. Latter is something no society can tolerate.

How do they say - reason is the worst enemy of any religion - and this includes the net of lies woven by the anti vaxxers.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I am empathetic, but not with people who put the society we all live in at risk. Are you empathetic with boy racers, thieves and murderers? See ...

I am all for people making their own choices - however, if they choose to endanger others (as the anti vaxxers do) than they should in my view be punished. Not different to e.g. boy racers who put without hesitation the lives of other people at risk.

Regarding "using their own logic". Hmm - just tell us how many different logics there are out there - and can anybody make up their own logic?

The definition of logic:

is inconsistent with your desire to allow any Joe, Dick and Antivaxxer to make up their own logic.

So, really, it is quite easy: either you use above principle and valid facts to argue or alternatively you are just creating your own anti vaxxing religion. Same as the Flat Earth people or other idiots.

Obviously - everybody is allowed to make up their own religion and freedom of religion is even a basic human right. However - it has nothing to do with logic or facts.

The other thing is - most world religions these days try to improve human life and interactions (with varying success). Your Antivaxxer religion however seems mainly focussed on putting both its disciples as well as the society in general at risk. Latter is something no society can tolerate.

How do they say - reason is the worst enemy of any religion - and this includes the net of lies woven by the anti vaxxers.
    The problem with the anti-vaxxers is they don't just believe a load of nonsense, they are part of a highly organised movement dedicated to spreading dangerous disinformation.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post

The definition of logic:

I pretty much said the same thing on Coronavirus thread and I got nasty PMs ....I fully agree with what u said BP and feel same way too when some people put the lives of others at risk under the garb of " Freedom "

Guru

"Fisher & Paykel is more of a hold at the moment. There is still a year or two where the company has to grow into its PE and we have to go through this period of earnings consolidation. Don't underestimate that one of the hardest things for Fisher & Paykel is to get those upfront hardware sales of their products into hospitals. Once they're in the hospitals they create an income stream for the business. A lot of physicians are now more familiar with these devices. It takes years for that to normally happen and COVID has created this massive pull through in recognition of the brand and the technology that Fisher & Paykel has been very aggressively investing in for the last decade."
    https://www.livewiremarkets.com/wire...t-it-s-not-csl
    At AGM on line FPH are very confident about their supply chain
    Last edited by kiora; 23-08-2021 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Would go along with FPH and MFT, but RBD? They don't seem in the same league to me at all. What you like about them? There are other growth companies like DGL I'd go for first.
    These games of picking stocks you cant touch for 20 years is half about growth and also half about preserving capital. And fried chicken, pizza's etc probably going to still be around in 20 years time I figure. Plus RBD have a long runway of growth ahead of them imo so ticks both boxes. Wine the same so DGL a good pick also!

Industry disruption and incumbents fighting to hold onto what they have rather than adjusting with the times mean over decades some top companies of the world fade away into shadows of their former selves.

July export sales of fph related stuff looked pretty strong v last year

Alokdhir …correct?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    July export sales of fph related stuff looked pretty strong v last year

Alokdhir …correct?
    Not particularly ...better then June but less then last July 2020 ....dollar value estimate is $ 140 mil .

Didn't post as company already gave 4 months revenue of $ 583 Mil

So far June was the weakest ...July started ramping up ....I think August numbers will be very interesting ...With OZ also now becoming decent buyer thanks to NSW fiasco

Bigger picture remains, its consolidation year for FPH ...2022 and 2023 are big years ....U have chance till maybe 15th Oct 2021 to get in ....IMHO
    Last edited by alokdhir; 27-08-2021 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    ....... IMHO though it will go up and down but overall trend is going to be up towards making new highs in the medium term ...so rising lows and higher highs ...buy the dips
    So I bought the "dip" today around $32, lets see how that goes....

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    So I bought the "dip" today around $32, lets see how that goes....
    I normally use the MA400 to recognise "dips" with this share and other quality stocks. Still a bit above (the yellow line in the chart below), but long term (several years) I am sure you will be fine ; Expect however further buying opportunities ahead ...

FPHtrend.JPG
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)