sharetrader
Page 204 of 324 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254304 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 3235
    Investments

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Their avg target price of $30 doesn't seem about right though. Lol
    Most likely full year FY22 eps will be around 75 cents ...so average p/e of 45 = $ 33.50 Current fair value ...It will get rerated for next years eps of 90 cents when market is sure of it ...most likely after Nov results ...so Dec to March 22 will be most productive period for SP if all goes well .
    Last edited by alokdhir; 14-10-2021 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Most likely full year FY22 eps will be around 75 cents ...so average p/e of 45 = $ 33.50 Current fair value ...It will get rerated for next years eps of 90 cents when market is sure of it ...most likely after Nov results ...so Dec to March 22 will be most productive period for SP if all goes well .
    Guru analysts on marketscreener have F22 eps as 62 cents and F23 as 65 cents

So if share price remains in low 30’s we’ll see elevated PEs for a while
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Forward PE for FPH is in the early forties. Not cheap (even considering the forward earnings CAGR of 13), but not too dear either.

This is just the premium the market seems to be happy to pay for quality companies.

Just compare that with XRO (forward PE of 330 - with an "earnings CAGR" not worthwhile talking about (year to year earnings still jittering around the zero);

Or compare that with AIA ... similar forward PE like FPH (if the analysts are right, which they often are not) and a negative forward earnings CAGR.

But sure - market well might decide at some stage to reduce its ideas of what an appropriate P/E is ... and I suppose if interest rates keep rising, this might be one of the triggers.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

How u said both things in same breath ...U said $ 830 mil revenue which translates to 75 cents annualised eps below consensus and then U said FY22 consensus is 62 cents !!

Historically FPH has traded on p/e of 35 to 60 range ..say mean being 47.5 ...after mid year gone ie after Nov results ...market starts discounting it for next years expected eps so p/e starts expanding towards higher range .

I expect same to happen after its consolidation is over . From Dec onwards it may start looking to FY23 eps of 85-90 cents depending on analysts views ...Mine medium term views are 75cents this year , 85-90 cents eps for FY23 ...so in calendar 22 sometime it should trade to $ 45 ...
    Last edited by alokdhir; 14-10-2021 at 11:37 AM.

Article in CNBC about Philips. I guess FPH will be facing same issues (supply chain issue, shortage of electronic components etc etc):

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/18/phil...ages-bite.html

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiyankee View Post
    Article in CNBC about Philips. I guess FPH will be facing same issues (supply chain issue, shortage of electronic components etc etc):

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/18/phil...ages-bite.html
    Same with car manufacturers around the world. Not sure though, I am convinced it will hit their bottom line. If you produce something which is in demand and you can't produce enough of it due to supply shortages and your competitors are exactly in the same situation causing a shortage of product in the market - what exactly is happening to the margins?

Right .
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

"“At this stage, we do not anticipate any significant impact on supply to our existing customers. We will continue to assess this on an ongoing basis, particularly if the outbreak escalates or continues for a prolonged period,” said Mr Gradon.

“During this challenging time for China, we appreciate the efforts of our own team and our suppliers. Our people have been working long hours to ship products quickly, assemble them, and meet the need for training, particularly in Wuhan. Many of our suppliers have expedited the supply of raw materials to us as a manufacturer of essential medical devices, and we are deeply grateful for that,” he said."
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/348775
    https://www.fphcare.com/nz/our-compa.../supply-chain/

Investments

FPH has shown in 2020 that they manage challenges much better then many other companies ...so I see this as another opportunity to SHINE ...

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    oversold with clear divergence on the RSI.

I'm seeing a bullish descending wedge. ready for spike down and reversal.Attachment 13082

discl. trading this stock , currently long.
    the reaction happening now!
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    the reaction happening now!
    The last time this happened I got in at $27.35 and again this time at $29.75