sharetrader
Page 206 of 324 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 3235
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard View Post
    I've said it before, FPH acts like a trading stock, rather than the steady-as-she-goes, growth stock which in theory is what it's supposed to be. Hard to know where it is going to be from one month to the next. And even during a pandemic, when it should be consistently outperforming, the SP has been even more volatile than usual. Long term it might be good value, but it's a bumpier ride than I expected when I bought in.
    Its been acting like ATM of late, big players push it where they want.

Quote Originally Posted by LoungeLizzard View Post
    I've said it before, FPH acts like a trading stock, rather than the steady-as-she-goes, growth stock which in theory is what it's supposed to be. Hard to know where it is going to be from one month to the next. And even during a pandemic, when it should be consistently outperforming, the SP has been even more volatile than usual. Long term it might be good value, but it's a bumpier ride than I expected when I bought in.
    I guess it depends what you are looking at.

For any long-term investor FPH is a dream, and I am pretty sure it will stay that way:

FPHtrend.JPG

In only nine years from less than $2 per share to above $30 per share with actually little volatility is not too bad, isn't it? This is something like 25% gain per year not even considering the dividend.

Looking at the trend - it is easy to see that Covid gave the SP in early 2020 a boost - and obviously - what needs to go up needs to come down (back to the main trendline), but I am sure they will do fine if you plan for the next decade.

If anybody however plans to cash out next month, than shares might not be the right investment anyway - in that case I would recommend to consider a cash account at the friendly bank next door : Less volatility, but obviously as well - significantly less long term gains.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

If you guys don't mind the currency exposure IDNA (ishares etf) has companies at the leading edge of healthcare, rather than relying on legacy revenue only.

PE ratio is acceptable too at 30.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 13-11-2021 at 01:38 AM.

What chart software are you using there BP please?

Quote Originally Posted by MarineSalvage View Post
    getting a bit sick of the ups and downs... might sell them all
    If you only looked at the FPH share price once a year there about a 95% chance you’d be a happy punter

Check the price every hour (say 1750 times a year) you will probably have about 920 happy moments …but 830 times you will rather sad / pissed off / wondering what’s going

Even once a day will give you many sad days

Lesson —- don’t look at the FPH share price too often if you are convinced it’s a great bet
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I guess it depends what you are looking at.

For any long-term investor FPH is a dream, and I am pretty sure it will stay that way:.......
    I agree. I also think, same as with MFT, people are possibly under estimating how much these companies are positioned to use covid to help transform their business. Its true that both have seen a short-term boost to their profitability but I think it's a mistake to think things will just drop back to the long-term trendline. Both companies are using this situation to their long-term advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Old mate View Post
    What chart software are you using there BP please?
    ... Just boring old and free Yahoo Finance. Pretty good for a first look ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    ... Just boring old and free Yahoo Finance. Pretty good for a first look ...
    That site needs an ad-blocker, otherwise good though.

The Trading View website and app are both great and free. Displays really well on a mobile as well.

Guru

Up 5% after being down that much two days ago. Good stock for traders lol