sharetrader
Page 234 of 324 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238244284 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 3235

Hey Beagle - have you noticed the FPH share price is only down by how much the market is down.

The market still doesn't seem to have factored in the declining profit bit yet

Or the other way the market has allowed for the declining profits but as yet to re-rate FPH (sentiment still strong)

Whatever methinks somewhere closer to 20 bucks is on the cards in a month or so.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Any newbie type investor seeking advice on this forum is in the wrong place, and at the wrong time, particularly if they think there is easy money to be made.
    I suggest you seek advice elsewhere.

IMO

Except hold forever "blue chip" stocks are becoming endangered and can spend years doing nothing ,RYM for example has been one of Craigs must haves in their model portfolio and all stocks in their various sectors run in cycles , the recent switch from growth to value etc.Listers underlying message is "it's all too hard,leave it to us,we can do it all for you for 1% a year (plus re 1% on every buy and sell).That's his real job.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Except hold forever "blue chip" stocks are becoming endangered and can spend years doing nothing ,RYM for example has been one of Craigs must haves in their model portfolio and all stocks in their various sectors run in cycles , the recent switch from growth to value etc.Listers underlying message is "it's all too hard,leave it to us,we can do it all for you for 1% a year (plus re 1% on every buy and sell).That's his real job.
    Agreed, RYM has dramatically underperformed the NZX50 for the last 8 years and is set to extend that record to at least a decade in my opinion.
    Winner and I called it as significantly overvalued in 2014 and said stay out and we have been bang on the money.
    Yes MFT and FPH have stellar track records of creating value for long term shareholders just like RYM did before it entered a really lengthy period of underperformance.
    Are FPH and MFT a BUY here for fresh capital coming to the market ? I would argue NO but I can also understand long term holders not wanting to sell. I guess it all comes down to one's own unique investment perspective.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Craig's are low risk conservative for people (older?) who want that,they serve them well.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Agreed, RYM has dramatically underperformed the NZX50 for the last 8 years and is set to extend that record to at least a decade in my opinion.
    Winner and I called it as significantly overvalued in 2014 and said stay out and we have been bang on the money.
    Yes MFT and FPH have stellar track records of creating value for long term shareholders just like RYM did before it entered a really lengthy period of underperformance.
    Are FPH and MFT a BUY here for fresh capital coming to the market ? I would argue NO but I can also understand long term holders not wanting to sell. I guess it all comes down to one's own unique investment perspective.
    At least you didn't mention A2 ---- FPH could do A2 if growth comes to an end and profits slip and market re-rates them to sensible levels
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Investments

Since when HGH such a low PE and High Dividend value stock starts going down 5% from almost rock bottom 2.20 ?

So its not about valuations so much at the moment but lack of buyers and some scared sellers which is making market pricing very inefficient ....this is surely not the time to panic and draw conclusions about markets and valuations ...IMHO

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    It probably also matters a little bit if you are an tax paying trader or capital account investor, and if you are the later, your knowledge of risk tolerance for staying on the right side of the IRD. There will have been a multitude of investors selling, crystalizing strong capital gains, not paying tax on those gains, then repurchasing those shares at some point for lower prices, when the underlying commercial rational for holding those shares may not have changed (IE, many of the the companies still paid their divies, still executed on their growth plan, etc). That is a risky pattern of behaviour should the IRD come calling. Something acknowledged traders won't have to worry about and get to claim deductions on their losses in a bear market. There are clear taxation differences between a trader and an investor, because they clearly operate differently. Sometimes the underlying commercial rational for holding a share does change, and warrants a bonafide review of the dominant purpose of holding that asset.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    At least you didn't mention A2 ---- FPH could do A2 if growth comes to an end and profits slip and market re-rates them to sensible levels
    Our mate Coutts is known to be involved in this and of course is infamous for his massive stake and losses on A2.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I don't know why the FPH and ATM comparison keeps being brought up by you two old dogs but its laughable.. there is zero comparison.

FPH has a global market. ATM is heavily reliant on China.
    Demand for FPH products is growing with ageing populating in the west and post covid complications. ATM is dealing with a declining birth rate in China and a push for breast feeding.
    FPH is a proven grower of EPS over a very long time. ATM is a flash in the pan in comparison.

Guess you're just bored and fishing for a reaction. Well you hooked me in i guess lol