sharetrader
Page 260 of 325 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270310 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 3241

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    You must have missed an awful lot of FPH trains over the years.
    A bad habit to get into.........and costly too......lol.
    Ha ha …..but more often than not the train breaks down and needs to return to the station ….and the odd times it ends up in engineers workshop
    Last edited by winner69; 20-04-2022 at 02:55 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    This got me interested.

Had a poke around the old TRA and HGh posts - very enlightening. Percy (& others) were certainly bang on about those companies early and attacked for it. Which is sort of interesting to a newish member of this forum as I wasnt aware of percy’s early excellent spotting on those companies & his modesty those successful calls. With such a base of adoring shareholders filling both those forums one would be forgiven in thinking its always been that way - but reading through past comments - yikes
    Percy does very thorough research and from all accounts he has done very well with his picks. He is a quiet achiever who never blows his own trumpet nor puts others down. I have the greatest respect for our Percy, He comes across as a really decent modest man to me

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Percy does very thorough research and from all accounts he has done very well with his picks. He is a quiet achiever who never blows his own trumpet nor puts others down. I have the greatest respect for our Percy, He comes across as a really decent modest man to me
    The honest and/or modest are the ones that have had the hardest times around here since I've been involved, those qualities seem to be a great threat to the bleating chest beaters who only have success and if they didn't you would never hear about it.

You must have missed an awful lot of FPH trains over the years.
    A bad habit to get into.........and costly too......lol.
    In your opinion Percy, do you feel the current SP is now an attractive entry point (or top up level), or would you expect to fall further over 2022 before you would consider investing further anything substantial to your holdings?

Jeez Netflix just wiped out all of its gains going back to February 2018.

Obviously not a blue chip ….but shows when things turn anything can happen

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtrade View Post
    In your opinion Percy, do you feel the current SP is now an attractive entry point (or top up level), or would you expect to fall further over 2022 before you would consider investing further anything substantial to your holdings?
    Wish you had not asked me.
    Sorry a number of answers coming up.
    For the trust I help out on we are neither a buyer or seller.Core portfolio stock.
    If I were buying on my on account I would sit.Old saying sell in May and go away.May is only 10 or 11 days away.Often share prices weaken for a few months.
    I would actually be watching the chart.Currently it looks "horrible".Very weak.I use Yahoo Finance charts.I would wait until it turns around and new uptrend starts,even if it means paying a bit higher price.
    I have often bought companies such as FPH and Ebos when I have made a good surprise profit,ie a spec comes home,or a company i hold has been taken over,and I am looking to invest in a quality.
    This is because I have never known either to be cheap.Quality you have to pay for,and both FPH and EBO are top quality.
    I am an retired book seller.If you want sound advice I would ask a sharebroker at either Craigs or Jardens.
    Last edited by percy; 20-04-2022 at 05:22 PM.

Banned

For the trust I help out on we are neither a buyer or seller.Core portfolio stock.
    If I were buying on my on account I would sit.Old saying sell in May and go away.May is only 10 or 11 days away.Often share prices weaken for a few months.
    I would actually be watching the chart.Currently it looks "horrible".Very weak.I use Yahoo Finance charts.I would wait until it turns around and new uptrend starts,even if it means paying a bit higher price.
    I have often bought companies such as FPH and Ebos when I have made a good surprise profit,ie a spec comes home,or a company i hold has been taken over,and I am looking to invest in a quality.
    This is because I have never known either to be cheap.Quality you have to pay for,and both FPH and EBO are top quality.
    I am an retired book seller.If you want sound advice I would ask a sharebroker at either Craigs or Jardens.
    Might even go up in May with the forthcoming result along with OCA hopefully. Jardens would probably say buy as they have a TP of around $30, not sure about Craigs.

Seems percy and beagle have been comparing notes

Percy says: If I were buying on my on account I would sit…….I would actually be watching the chart.Currently it looks "horrible".Very weak……….I would wait until it turns around and new uptrend starts,even if it means paying a bit higher price.

Beagle (and others) saying much the same …..and get castigated for saying so

Me …waiting for $16/$18 - the value future cash flows point to reasonable longbterm return

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Seems percy and beagle have been comparing notes

Percy says: If I were buying on my on account I would sit…….I would actually be watching the chart.Currently it looks "horrible".Very weak……….I would wait until it turns around and new uptrend starts,even if it means paying a bit higher price.

Beagle (and others) saying much the same …..and get castigated for saying so

Me …waiting for $16/$18 - the value future cash flows point to reasonable longbterm return
    Completely different animals though, momentum trader vs long term investor. Good thing is for those of us with entry points higher than current price with a long term mindset we can forget about the chart just like with PAZ and OCA, the squiggly worm has no insight 3-5 yrs from now.

Very Happy that Maxtrade asked Percy that question, given he is modest.