sharetrader
Page 289 of 324 FirstFirst ... 189239279285286287288289290291292293299 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 3235

I now see why BlackPeter loves FPH - the CEO talks his language -- as the headlines in BusinessDesk say 'Fisher & Paykel Healthcare can’t predict the future'

BPs mate Neil at least you have a chance of predicting the future by saying it's difficult to do .... not a cant do

https://businessdesk.co.nz/article/m...ict-the-future
    Might be paywalled
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

no end in sight to the selling , charts have somewhere with a 15 on it now but who knows for sure
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    no end in sight to the selling , charts have somewhere with a 15 on it now but who knows for sure
    Not you nor anyone, whole market is trashed so doesn't matter where you are just sit tight or lose money with cash under your bed, bonds also have their own risks and gold may only be good for keeping your door from banging shut.
    Last edited by couta1; 26-05-2022 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    You must be kidding using these two companies in the same sentence.

FPH is an oustanding medical company with great management and a very long and successful track record of building on their successes. Medical industry is very conservative ... successful products can be gainfully sold for a long time. They own lots of IP, they know how to make money with it. They tend to underpromise and overdeliver.

RAK on the other hand operates in the telecommunication industry with rapid innovation cycles. New generations of chips are coming and going fast, and any new generation can wipe out the one off sales success they might have had by sheer luck. Three steps backwards and than one step forward is not called sustainable progress.

RAK used to be controlled by substandard management, driven by a family with big egos and more interest in paying itself big dollars than in the success of their company. RAK has a long history of overpromising and underdelivering ...

Flea ridden dogs typically sell cheap, even if the previous owner claims that they just had treatment.
    Insult all you want but in the last 2 years Rakon shareprice is up 5 fold and FPH has dropped over 30%. Rakon is up ten fold in the last 5 years. Rakon's revenues have steadily grown, they have no debt, increasing cashflow and a strong pipeline. Like FPH, they have had a Covid boost. Stripping that out, they have still out performed. CAGR for the telecom sector you flip off has averaged 21% per annum for the last 5 years. Five of the Seven top telecom infrastructure companies use Rakon, they have often been cultivating the relationship for 30 years. Do you think the defense and satellite business will fade away? Your myopia has cost you a great chance to invest in one of New Zealand's best performing investments. Despite the fantastic performance it still trades on an historic PE of 11 (about 17 if you take out the covid boost)

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Insult all you want but in the last 2 years Rakon shareprice is up 5 fold and FPH has dropped over 30%. Rakon is up ten fold in the last 5 years. Rakon's revenues have steadily grown, they have no debt, increasing cashflow and a strong pipeline. Like FPH, they have had a Covid boost. Stripping that out, they have still out performed. CAGR for the telecom sector you flip off has averaged 21% per annum for the last 5 years. Five of the Seven top telecom infrastructure companies use Rakon, they have often been cultivating the relationship for 30 years. Do you think the defense and satellite business will fade away? Your myopia has cost you a great chance to invest in one of New Zealand's best performing investments. Despite the fantastic performance it still trades on an historic PE of 11 (about 17 if you take out the covid boost)
    You might want to somewhat increase your time horizon when you are researching RAK - I suggest you start at the beginning (I think IPO was 2007). Huge amounts of capital destroyed in a huge mountain of hype and unkept management promises and the current hype molehill looks (though smaller) quite similar shaped.

Have a read through 15 years of broken management promises ... actually, they didn't change a lot, but they rarely came true.

Anyway - lets not spoil the FPH thread with discussing the wealth destroyer Rakon, shall we? I suggest you move to the Rakon thread if you want to continue this discussion ... I am sure you find there a RAK cheerleader to respond.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Investments

I get a feeling that FPH will be first major stock to bottom out ...maybe because it was the first to make top ...way back in August 2020 ...

By Oct 2022 all the bad blood should be out ....then maybe we can breathe again ..." Warm moist air " ...elixir of lungs and life

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    I get a feeling that FPH will be first major stock to bottom out ...maybe because it was the first to make top ...way back in August 2020 ...

By Oct 2022 all the bad blood should be out ....then maybe we can breathe again ..." Warm moist air " ...elixir of lungs and life
    The beginning of the road to $50, sounds good, given earnings revenue is 33% above pre covid you would have thought the bottom would have already been in but thats rational thinking and the current market is fear driven not rational.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    I felt the same as Blackpeter about the family running RAK,I lost any trust in those self entitled arrogant b',stards and prob lost money ,too long ago to remember.So I too never looked back,to my cost,herein lies a lesson.,never take it personally or write off a company forever .Ive a friend who turns over the bones of dud companies because quite often they can recover and be very profitable.Congrats Walter and good luck with Tesla!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I felt the same as Blackpeter about the family running RAK,I lost any trust in those self entitled arrogant b',stards and prob lost money ,too long ago to remember.So I too never looked back,to my cost,herein lies a lesson.,never take it personally or write off a company forever .Ive a friend who turns over the bones of dud companies because quite often they can recover and be very profitable.Congrats Walter and good luck with Tesla!
    Yeah, but once bitten twice shy and I wouldn't invest in a company if I didn't have confidence in the company leadership. When the going gets tough, they will revert to form.

Looks kike another big hitter value investor becoming a SSH

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...812/371660.pdf
    Last edited by winner69; 27-05-2022 at 08:54 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”