sharetrader
Page 32 of 324 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

A useful thing to do is have a return figure you would like to achieve and track your investments on a spreadsheet. For example you might want to achieve a CAGR of 25% for your holdings.

Remember this return is only locked in when you sell.

This can be a useful yardstick for thinking about selling. This gets tricky when you back some growth stocks so I suggest applying this to established dividend payers with consistent earnings.
    Last edited by Schrodinger; 24-06-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Woop! $3.50 is near, wonder if we will see the 5 year high of $3.53 back in April 2010 taken out Regarding the exchange rate, i really dont see much of a pattern concerning USD/NZD - FPHI am an amateur in trading and am not saying that you guys are wrong, so please one of you older guys help me understand (cause i know im definetly missing something)Either way i am holding and bought in once FPH broke the $2.75 resistance level (based on trend following/price action) but would be good to know
    Attached Images Attached Images

IMO

Good result from Resmed on ASX today may be having a flow on effect on FPH .

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Hi I see that this Fisher stock is way down south, time to accumulate some ???
    Hi I think it is time for me to take some profits lol

Banned

FPH hits $4

IMO

Now $4.10 and with our $ so strong against other currencies!!.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Now $4.10 and with our $ so strong against other currencies!!.
    I am not complaining.!!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverlight View Post
    The story for Rakon is they did what Pumpkin Patch did (i.e David Jackson). They assumed they were the 'experts' and just read the experts advise, and then did whatever they wanted about the currency.

Fisher and Paykel Healthcare however (i.e Tony Carter and their risk committee) understand that they pay experts for their experts advise and follow what the currency experts say.

I have read many Asia Pacific currency reports, and they are frequent and pretty spot on. David Jackson and Bruce Irvine both believed they knew better and failed. Pumpkin Patch is better off without David Jackson on their board and running their risk committee.

Asia Pacific client list

Overall good forecast, shows the Medicare process was a good buying opportunity, $3+ by year end, especially if we also get some currency relief.

I have halved my holding, while some analysts have now forecast a high target price (nearly $5), this stock has had a very good run, and reflects no downside risk for the currency. Was great buying @ $2.50, now its looking pretty expensive above $4. Trading on almost a 30 P/E.
    ~ * ~ De Peones a Reinas ~ * ~

Quote Originally Posted by Silverlight View Post
    I have halved my holding, while some analysts have now forecast a high target price (nearly $5), this stock has had a very good run, and reflects no downside risk for the currency. Was great buying @ $2.50, now its looking pretty expensive above $4. Trading on almost a 30 P/E.
    Nice Trade. If you are looking for place to place for new funds, perhaps you might like to look at SOM.AX. Same sector, better growth coming from SOM.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Nice Trade. If you are looking for place to place for new funds, perhaps you might like to look at SOM.AX. Same sector, better growth coming from SOM.
    Thanks for recommendation Noodles, probably a bit small for my liking, in market cap, and in liquidity volumes, if I can't buy or sell $100k worth on the book, I generally try to avoid.
    ~ * ~ De Peones a Reinas ~ * ~