sharetrader
Page 38 of 325 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast
    IMO

F&P Healthcare lifts guidance 3 percent on falling kiwi

Wednesday 20th August 2014 Text too small?
    Fisher & Paykel Healthcare raised its annual profit forecast by 3 percent, saying the New Zealand dollar is boosting the value of respiratory and breathing apparatus sold overseas. The shares rose to the highest in at least two decades.
    Profit is now expected to be $100 million in the year ended March, 31, 2015, based on an exchange range of the kiwi at 84 US cents, from its May guidance of flat earnings of $97 million, with the currency calculated at 86 US cents, the Auckland-based company said in a statement. Revenue would be $650 million, up from its May forecast of $640 million, and 4.3 percent above 2014 sales.
    The lift to its profit forecast is still at a slower pace of growth than the previous year, when annual profit rose 26 percent to $97.1 million, on a 12 percent gain in sales to $623.4 million.
    The medical device manufacturer exports 98 percent of its product and blames the historically high kiwi/US dollar cross with crimping earnings growth. The local currency climbed to 88.35 US cents in July, close to its post-float high of 88.40 cents, but has since fallen some 4 US cents, to trade recently at 84.16 US cents.
    At current exchange rates the company forecast revenue to be up about 14 percent to $315 million in the six months ending Sept. 30, for a 60 percent profit increase to $45 million.

Close to a new high. Thanks percy for encouraging me to keep when i was becoming impatient/fiddly some time ago

FPH pushing $5 and at and all time(?) high.
    Happy to be holding, especially as the NZD falls. My only wish is that I had more!

Quote Originally Posted by sideburns66 View Post
    Happy to be holding, especially as the NZD falls. My only wish is that I had more!

Yep, what a great run. Amazing how little attention this stock gets on these forums. Consistent, solid performance is not conducive to banter, it would seem.

Quote Originally Posted by sideburns66 View Post
    $5 looks like all time high

Only time I have ever had FPH was that for a few days in that spike in 2001 shortly after the FPA/FPH split. Nobody knew how to value them and things went wild for a while

Chart pre 2001 meaningless as was the F&P business

"Amazing how little attention this stock gets on these forums" I've often wondered that myself. Perhaps a strategy of only investing in stocks which don't get mentioned a lot in this forum could be the legendary 'holy grail' of investing! Maybe our posts, or lack of them, will feed the quants of the future.

percy

With "currency headwind turns to tailwind" Craigs' retain their "buy" with target price raised from $4.91 to $5.56.

Guru

Revenue up
    Gross Profit margin up
    R & D up to 9.9% T?0
    Dividend up
    Hedging down
    Great result
    High PE justified
    http://stocknessmonster.com/news-ite...S=FPH&N=257879

percy

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Revenue up
    Gross Profit margin up
    R & D up to 9.9% T?0
    Dividend up
    Hedging down
    Great result
    High PE justified
    http://stocknessmonster.com/news-ite...S=FPH&N=257879
    Thanks for the link.
    Just when you thought FPH could not get better,they just did.
    Upping the spend on R&D and a great deal of new products coming to market means a very bright future.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Thanks for the link.
    Just when you thought FPH could not get better,they just did.
    Upping the spend on R&D and a great deal of new products coming to market means a very bright future.
    & dollar dropping.SP always looks expensive except in hindsight

percy

Yes in hindsight our foresight has proved to be correct.!??! lol.