sharetrader
Page 48 of 324 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast

Hi JT, I do like the healthcare sector and hold IXJ global healthcare ETF which is traded on ASX. I personally think there are a few advantages to this vs a single share option like FPH which is priced where its at. IXJ is no longer "cheap" but it does diversify and gives exposure to top healthcare stocks in Europe and US. While there are 100s of shares in the ETF (no RMD or FPH), the top 10 represent 41% of the funds value. I think the industry will continue to grow, the top players like Johnson and Johnson, Pfizer, Roche will continue to do well and I'm happy to ride the train with exposure to a whole sector.

I'm keen to hold more US equities also, I'm hoping for a pullback to get into more stocks (I'm holding some USD through ANZ). I like some of the big names, Apple, Microsoft, FB, Disney, and some of the big banks. I think the kiwi dollar will be under pressure over the next 2 years so I think it will make sense to buy overseas stocks. If the kiwi holds, then I'm ok with that also.

I really like FPH and if you own it, great. I just can't bring myself to buy in at $7... It could be $8 in a few months and then it will be even more out of my range.

IMO

Thanks NasiG, I hold FPH (from $3.02) and RMD (doubled up plus on recent dip) but can see the attraction of IXJ.Just off an all time high; re 133% gain in re 6 years but at a much lower risk. Great place to park some Kiwi and $US. Will keep my eye on it . I used to have some investment trusts for diversity but didn't do well with them. Your post has me reconsidering the idea of diversifying and yes the big Pharmas do have a great record and GE , P&G,Visa,Wells fargo,Apple etc too all bluechips in their fields.

I see there are 12 Ishares ETF'S covering all the sectors.

Guru

Big jump on the price - I assume due to drop in NZ$.

percy

Today FPH sp was $7.42.
    I note this is up 110.37% in the past two years [plus divies].
    The past year the increase has been 56.65%.
    We have done well,with more to come.
    Goes to show great companies just keep on performing.

$0.57 increase since June 30 2015. Happy i got mine at $2 all those years ago!

oohhh, maybe getting a bit toppy ??
    if not you now who when..

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Today FPH sp was $7.42.
    I note this is up 110.37% in the past two years [plus divies].
    The past year the increase has been 56.65%.
    We have done well,with more to come.
    Goes to show great companies just keep on performing.
    Not that I'm complaining (I bought some two years ago), but why has it been constantly creeping up with seemingly no news?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Cricketfan View Post
    Not that I'm complaining (I bought some two years ago), but why has it been constantly creeping up with seemingly no news?
    Being in the right sector [health] helps, as does great products,excellent future prospects,growing eps and weakening NZ $ .
    The huge R&D spend means more and improved models and products are finding market acceptance.
    The company has also been opening up new markets.

In the last 2 1/2 years one of these companies has more than tripled their share price the other has 'only' doubled.

XRO
    FPH

Will FPH overtake XRO in price per share?? gap closes every day
    Last edited by nzspeak; 06-08-2015 at 09:18 PM.

Banned

Probably only share that might come close to Blackmores in Aussie.... IMO undervalued.

Made the mistake of selling when I bought this initially at $2.20 then at $6.20.
    Last edited by gv1; 29-10-2015 at 01:44 PM.