sharetrader
Page 6 of 324 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Share Collector

Good shot. Though it probably rests more on the high quality of your TA vs the mediocre quality of my FA.

Lets just revert to your earlier quote and agree on that since it was perhaps also implied in my post of 28 May that you refer to.
    quote:It seems to me that the answer here is to use FA to determine when a stock is approaching its "value" then switching to TA to time your exit - with a view to selling when the uptrend shows signs of weakness.
    So on that basis, since you too suggest FA could helpfully precede TA, then I'm sure you will have appreciated the chance to read F.G's thoughts as much as I did.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

All this thread really needs now is for MacDunk to join in with his timeline stuff.

have a good one
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Advanced Member

quote:Originally posted by Paper Tiger

All this thread really needs now is for MacDunk to join in with his timeline stuff.

have a good one
    Paper Tiger
    You paid attention after all you tiger you.macdunk

Phaedrus,

Aha, you are trying to catch me out on a timing issue. Just for the record: yesterday, two months ago - it is all the same to me when I know zero about reading charts so do not be surprised about me being two months behind the eight-ball on that one.

I have been reading this thread and giving it more rational thought, and it all seems rather amusing. "The trend clearly shows...."

The only trend this stock is following is that of the strengthening dollar. Lets say that one month ago the NZD fell to 59 cents against the USD quite unexpectedly, instead of rallying to 75 cents as it did. If this had been the case would the stock "continue following its downward trend" no, it would have been re-rated overnight, imo.

Phaedrus. Big selloff today. It did "rise and broke the trendline" temporarily that you mentioned. 21/4/07 I wondered if this drop is due to RB interest rate increases likely to affect the exchange rate putting pressure on profits or something in TA charts that you can see? Would appreciate your comments.

Phaedrus - agreed, advice taken - thanks.
    Felix, qui potest rerum cognoscere causas

Advanced Member

Here are some suggestions for those looking to time an entry into FPH. (Treetops? FarmerGeorge?) The 6 indicators plotted here all gave exit signals at around the same time and should provide reasonable (albeit conservative) entry signals. Keep a close eye on the OBV - it is likely to give the first indication that the tide is turning. The idea is to wait until there is some degree of consensus before acting. Another approach would be to spread your entry over 6 separate purchases, buying as each individual indicator is triggered.

The idea is to wait until there is some degree of consensus before acting.

Phaedrus: Thanks for the suggestions. Timely advice not to just watch one indicator like trendlines which triggered me into buying.$3.67 At least it was a conservative amount. Much appreciated advice and will watch with more indicators in future.
    TT

On a less technical note, it appears the budget tax changes to R&D are worth about 15cps to FPH in value. Still got the currency to deal with but for the first time in a long time something looks to be going right for this great NZ company.

Default watching for more signals

Quote Originally Posted by Treetops View Post
    ...Much appreciated advice and will watch with more indicators in future.
    TT
    I am seeing:
    an uptrend (2 rising peaks),
    crossing up through 20 and then 50 day EMA,
    MACD trigger and divergence going above 0,
    (and slow stochastic came up through 20% line for 2nd time a week ago.)

Do people think the confirmed buy signal happened already (a few days ago?) or is it there now, or is the signal still not strong?
    - ToBo - GNE-CEN, HLG, OCA, NTL + Ax: ARU, GAL, HRZ, NWE,